Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

An intersting film

If it is made. Anyone read the book?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/mid/6366519.stm

Comments

• les read it recently, said it was superb
  • Sports films never really cut it IMO.

Despite events actually having happened that way, it all looks a little unconvincing when put into a film
  • its not actually true that book tho is it? i thought it was losely based on it, but not all true?
  • edited February 2007
    I don't think the film, if made, will be concentrating on any sport as such.Not another "When Saturday Comes"! More about the people and the events. The book is a novel not a biography. Sort of thing I like, hope it comes off. Brian Clough was one of the most enigmatic characters in football in my life time. If only we had a few more.
  • Aaah. In that case it might be OK. When Sat Comes is probably the biggest waste of 75mins in my life
  • best book i read last year. could work as a film if he doesn't try too hard to bring the style of the book to screen, will be hard to portray clough's state of mind the way peace does through words.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Sports films never really cut it IMO.

Despite events actually having happened that way, it all looks a little unconvincing when put into a film[/quote]

Thought the New York Cosmos movie was good stuff. Though it was a documentary. Same goes for Hoop Dreams.
  • On the subject of interesting films, did anyone get to see Pans Labyrinth? Fantastic in my opinion - odd and brutal. Not selling this well am I!
  • It's a brilliant book - not sure what kind of film it'd make, though.

(Agreed on the New York Cosmos film, Once In A Lifetime, as well.)
  • i thought 'Goal' was a very good football film. I find myself eagerly awaiting goal 2. Got real footballers in it an everything.