Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone here know/live in Snodland?

edited January 2012 in Not Sports Related
I'm looking to move there later in the year and wondered what it was like as a place?

Is it one of those places where the people are inbred and we'll be getting burgled every other month? Or is it a nice and peaceful place

FYI - Actually looking in Holborough, just down the road, but Snodland is the nearest town I think

Ta

Comments

• Options
    @snodlandAddick and @Kentish Male on Twitter both live down that way!
  • Options
    I work nearby Snodland are you looking at the Berkeley Holborough Lakes site? Snodland has 2 co ops, bakers, chippy, chicken shop and pound store you cant go far wrong. There are rough areas but not to bad a place in all honesty
  • Options
    Nobody I know comes from Snodland but for some reason I know 8 people who have moved there in the last few years so it must have something going for it. I go there most weeks but only to a friend's house so not really sure what it's like as a town. My friends seem to like it there though.

I actually considered moving there myself when we were looking for a house last year but the commute into London is an absolute pain in the arse (no direct trains) and would have been very expensive.
  • Options
    Used to live near Snodland 10 years ago.

Always had a reputation for being a bit rough but i think it has improved a lot recently.
  • Options
    Snodland has 2 co ops, bakers, chippy, chicken shop and pound store you cant go far wrong.
    I take it you don't work in advertising, you have just put him off the move :-)

• Options
    I live not too far away. It's a bit of an old fashioned area, Holborough is probably nicer than Snodland. Well placed for Bluewater Shopping, also the M2 and M20 motorways, local shops are adequate. Watersports and walks at Leybourne Lakes, West Malling is nice, plenty of dog walking nearby. The CAFC Coach picks up at Snodland, and I can introduce you to the local Supporters Club. Stating the obvious it's worth taking a day out, and I am on 07050 054304 if you want a chat about the area.
  • Options
    work in snodland and know many people who live there. its generally a nice town. the saltings area of town is a bit rough but still not anything major. holborough seems to be a good option for those who cant afford the west malling & kings hill property prices.
  • Options
    Cheers for the info all.

We are looking at Holborough Lakes - it's beautiful and peaceful so just what we are after.

I know when I was younger Snodland had a bit of a bad reputation but a few people I have spoken to recently have confirmed it's much nicer than it once was.

We are still keen on Kings Hill but there isn't anything there right now that really grabs my attention like the one we are looking at in Holborough. We will keep looking but Holborough just has the edge right now

Granpa - thanks for the offer. Will take you up on that as I've always wanted to join aCAFC supporters club
  • Options
    The only problem I heard with the holborough lakes site is that people were buying there place in a block of flats and having HA in the remainder of the blocks as Berkeleys had agreed to 50% occuation for development.
  • Options
    live in rochester with mates in snodland --always found it OK like most place my mates live in 1950 houses Like most places snodland has its good points and bad points -but would not put you off --

But as CAFC Bourne mentioned the Kent HA do buy blocks if so i would steer well clear --if your buying
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    played football there against snodland a few times. bit of a 'one-eye' area from what i remember.

Theres a wycombe style pub/strippers there though so not all bad.
  • Options
    played football there against snodland a few times. bit of a 'one-eye' area from what i remember.

Theres a wycombe style pub/strippers there though so not all bad.
    seen the strippers lately

• Options
    I'm aware of the HA issues - I deal with it for my work.

We are going to be in a private road a safe distance from the HA flats and I have checked where they are going to be so know there shouldn't be any surprises.

It's also privately managed estate so I am hopeful (maybe unrealistically) that the standard of HA tenant won't be like something you see on neighbours from hell
  • Options
    Oh yes, miles from those awful 'ordinary' folk.....
  • Options
    If I'm paying a shed load for a house I don't particularly want to have neighbours with a fleet of dirty old Cortinas out the front that they are doing up.

I work with construction and you wouldn't believe some of the stories I deal with. I know of a chap who spent £6million on an apartment in central London and he is spat at and victimised by the Kosovan family 3 floors below his penthouse (in a HA property) out of jealousy. He is trying to sell the place but - funnily enough - there isn't much market for properties of that value.

Admittedly it's an extreme example but there are others

If this makes me a snob then so be it!

• Options
    My sons ex lives there and it seems OK
  • Options
    Cheers for the info all.

We are looking at Holborough Lakes - it's beautiful and peaceful so just what we are after.

I know when I was younger Snodland had a bit of a bad reputation but a few people I have spoken to recently have confirmed it's much nicer than it once was.

We are still keen on Kings Hill but there isn't anything there right now that really grabs my attention like the one we are looking at in Holborough. We will keep looking but Holborough just has the edge right now

Granpa - thanks for the offer. Will take you up on that as I've always wanted to join aCAFC supporters club
    Kings Hill is a lovely quiet development and has great access for the M20. It's less than 15 miles from Snodland. I take my son to Rochester to school every day and it's hassle free. However you are right there is not much that comes up on Kings Hill, but some friends of mine are selling a nice house near the Golf Club, but I can't say how it would compare to what you've seen in Holborough.
  • Options
    I'd say Kings Hill is more like 5 miles from Snodland?
  • Options
    If I'm paying a shed load for a house I don't particularly want to have neighbours with a fleet of dirty old Cortinas out the front that they are doing up.

I work with construction and you wouldn't believe some of the stories I deal with. I know of a chap who spent £6million on an apartment in central London and he is spat at and victimised by the Kosovan family 3 floors below his penthouse (in a HA property) out of jealousy. He is trying to sell the place but - funnily enough - there isn't much market for properties of that value.

Admittedly it's an extreme example but there are others

If this makes me a snob then so be it!

If he can afford a £6m flat, he should be able to "find" someone who might be able to have a quiet word with said Kosovans... ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got another train into a thread ;-)
  • Options
    The mother of my godchild lives there and although it seems like ther eisnt much there, it seems ok
  • Options
    The mother of my godchild lives there and although it seems like ther eisnt much there, it seems ok
    For me it's a base to rest my head

Our estate has a village hall, creche and gym for residents only so wifey can occupy herself. There's also a dive centre and a couple of lakes as well as some lovely walks.

As long as there's a decent Indian restaurant, chinese restaurant and chippy I'm happy!

• Options
    I'd say Kings Hill is more like 5 miles from Snodland?
    Yes, I was thinking of Strood. However, in my defence 5 miles is less than 15 miles. ;-)
  • Options
    We have lived at Holborough lakes for 5 years. Best part of this area by miles, good road infrastructure, quiet place to live, countryside, easy to get to London or further into Kent, West Malling great for night out, no City,Big town traffic jams,easy to travel up to the Valley, area is improving massively with regeneration, We should also think about forming a Holborough CAFC beer night, c ome on you addicts.
  • Options
    Well I won't be there until September but once I'm there - I'm there!!