Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Appeal to animal lovers

edited January 2012 in Not Sports Related
My Mum is having to sell her house (financial reasons) and move to somewhere smaller which doesn't allow animals . Unfortunately this means not being able to take her cat with her .

Saffron is around fifteen years old , she may not be the most energetic cat anymore but she's hardly on deaths door . She's a really friendly and affectionate cat and great with kids as well. She's house trained , comes and goes out of the cat flap to do her business so no problems there.

We've tried the cats protection league but they aint very hopeful of re houing her and say if they can't she could end up in a cage. This would kill my Mum to have to do that (and to be honest it would kill me as well)

So if anyone on here can give her a home for her last few years or knows anyone that can that would be brilliant.

Please spread the word

Comments

• Options
    Bailey is good with cats unfortunately the wife is allergic to them, Where abouts is Mum currantly living? I ask about at the rescue.
  • Options
    she lives in Sidcup

Cat would be perfect for an older person on their own , no trouble and ever so affectionate
  • Options

Just been given these details
    They have a No kill policy
    Good Luck.
    BROMLEY & DISTRICT CAT RESCUE - (North Kent / Greater London)

CONTACT - Tel: 0208 464 6035 or mobile: 07788 627130
  • Options
    the cats protection wouldn't put her down but said she could end up in a cage

will pass my mum on the details and see what she says
  • Options
    Hope you find a happy resolution on this one. I have three cats and would be distraught if I had to part from them. Good luck.
  • Options
    My Aunt & Uncle foster older cats through the CPL (I think) I'll call them tomorrow and inbox you if they can help.
  • Options
    I'll ask my mate at work tomorrow who is a real cat lover
  • Options
    hope this works out ok, must be so sad for your mum to be parted from her cat. Can she not persuade her new place to allow the cat to stay even if she has to offer to pay for any damage. I would take her but i have 2 cats already and one in particular is not very cat friendly. Hope someone helps
  • Options
    New place is strictly no pets retirement type place.

I'm really hopeful now thanks to all your responses. Will keep people posted.
  • Options
    bump
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Valley needs a cat, didn't we use to have one living in the East Stand (who I assume the cat mascot is based on ?) ? Perhaps we could revive this tradition for your Mum's cat.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    buckshee, did you get an inbox message?

give these a try too: http://www.celiahammond.org/
  • Options
    she lives in Sidcup

Cat would be perfect for an older person on their own , no trouble and ever so affectionate
    When is you Mum expected to move out ? Not getting hopes up, but mate at work told me to keep an eye on this. He has 2 rescue cats, but the eldest has got long to go unfortunately.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Buckshee - Inbox me as my friend may be interested to take on your cat
  • Options
    You're a good man SCM
  • Options
    Looks like the problem is sorted . Unfortunately for us not in the way we wanted.

Got back from the match last night to a phone call from a neighbour telling me our cat Polly had been run over and killed. Mrs is devastated and must admit to being a bit cut up myself.

All this means we can take mums cat in with us. Got to be honest and say it doesn't soften the blow much though
  • Options
    Sorry to hear what happened to Polly, I have been there myself not the way to lose a much loved family friend.
  • Options
    Cheers.

I know some people don't understand but she was like one of the family. To come home from work and see she's not there is gonna be quite weird
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me few years back mate my daughter was seven and her and the cat were inseparable and she was really cut up about it.
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear that Buckshee....same thing happened to our Siamese 18 months ago, they do like to have a wander unfortunately
  • Options
    What I told my mrs.

It was only the side road by ours but that time of night she probably jumped out between parked cars.
  • Options
    such a shame, those who do not have animals will not understand. Suppose it will be nice for your mum to still see her cat from time to time
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that, Buckshee. You must be devastated. I've been there myself, unfortunately and it still saddens me when I think back....I was in pieces. It's a shame that we become so attached to our pets as it can be very painful when they leave us. However, I'm sure you can take some comfort from the good times and from knowing that you gave her a good life when so many animals have terrible lives....that's the price we pay for being animal lovers; they really are part of the family and it's horrible when we are parted from them.

All the best.