Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

bernard matthews

they had been subject to repeated warnings from Defra about biosecurity lapses eg. despite warnings last year bm still had uncovered bins of waste meat attracting seagulls which were taking the refuse back to the turkey houses - which had holes in them which birds and rats could get in

quelle surprise

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6368123.stm

:-(

Comments

• Options
    The food standards in this country do leave a lot to be desired sometimes - if it's not one thing it's another.
  • Options
    i work in the food industry & believe me the UK has probably the best standards in the world - love 'em or hate 'em the supermarkets keep suppliers on their toes & most places i used to go were spotless - big brands who don't heavily rely on supermarket own label business maybe don't get scrutinised so much

over here in Canada i have seen some things in major food factories that would never pass in the UK

my only advice in relation to the above is avoid cheap mass produced meat, it's usually cheap for a reason

buy organic & buy local
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]my only advice in relation to the above is avoid cheap mass produced meat, it's usually cheap for a reason - buy organic & buy local
    Have to agree with that 100% - I worked in Pork Farms for a while a long time ago and what I saw was shocking - it turned me vegetarian. When M&S came to visit (which was regular) standards were upped massively and rat holes etc were covered by stacks of crates etc. The only meat my family has is organic.