Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Walton

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Sent off for Cardiff against Leeds today for two yellows. Always on the cards given the nature of the fixture, or further evidence that his temperament is suspect?

Comments

• Options
    Ali- i think we have to trust in Pardew and that maybe, like the majority (ok maybe all!) of Dowie's signings, he was over-hyped bigtime.

In answer to the question-I'd venture to suggest that it's both.
  • Options
    if his Charlton career ends up being a most spectacular own goal over welling, then picking the ball up and booting it into the park, it will end up being one of the most hilarious, disasterous Charlton signings ever. FACT :-)
  • Options
    Probably will as i don't think we will ever see him play in the 1st team
  • Options
    i watched cardiff against barnsley when it was on sky and he looked alright. He looked a giant not like the usual lightweight charlton midfielder. He's only 18 aswell aint he? I wouldn't write him off just yet
  • Options
    I think he's 19, who knows what his future will be for Charlton, but at CCC level he appears to be an effective player, and that is where we may well be playing next year.

I suspect with Holland, Hughes, ZZ, Song, not to mention Faye and Kish that during the remainder of the season he wouldn't get a game at Charlton and therefore it's better that he spends his time on loan which reduces our wage bill a bit.
  • Options
    don't judge the boy without seeing the sending off.

one of the most scandalous 2nd yellow cards going by that wanker Clattenburg. Booked him for diving
  • Options
    Diving? Now that was something I didn't expect.
  • Options
    1st yellow was a booking as he slid in one the player. Second tried to call past a player who bumped him with his hip. Walton went down and was booked for simulation. Seemed harsh considering some of the dives that aren't even blown up for.
  • Options
    scandelous second yellow. Glad Leeds appear to be going down as the abuse they gave Dave Jones, and his family, was apparently disgraceful.
  • Options
    Dave Jones is going top get in some trouble for his comments about Clattenburg - i couldnt stop laughing!

btw, Walton was extremeley unlucky
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Dave Jones is going top get in some trouble for his comments about Clattenburg - i couldnt stop laughing!

btw, Walton was extremeley unlucky

What did he say? Anyone got a link?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2007
    Off_it:

"I hope he never refs us again because he tried everything in his power to give Leeds a helping hand," stormed Jones, who might also have cause to fear that a suspended £1,000 fine could be activated by the FAW.

"Tell me, why do they drop these referees down? If they're not good enough to referee at the top level, then what's different at our level?

"I feel sorry for the division below if he's going to go all the way through.

"I bet every manager will be crapping himself that they're going to get him over the next few weeks - and deservedly so."

He went on to say he shouldnt even referee Sunday League games - no disrespect to Sunday League teams.
  • Options
    My favourite bit was when he said -

"he knows everything about nothing!" Classic and describes Clattenburg to a tee! Absolutely useless!