Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moving back to the Smoke.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Navenby - about 10 miles south of Lincoln. Nice little place, rosy-tinted memories of cycle rides out to the old airfields and so on. Then went to the dreaded Kings School in Grantham - most miserable 7 years of my life. Apart from the Lincoln City game I saw a few seasons ago. That just felt like 7 years.
  • Options
    Funny how so many people assume that what's right for them must be right for everyone else.

Sounds to me like you have somoe pretty sound reasons for wantingto move back to London.
    If people dont like the answer, dont ask the question.
  • Options
    Move to Bristol. Best of all worlds - best city in the UK in my opinion with brilliant nightlife, cinemas, huge number of great pubs, live music in almost every pub as well, and all on your doorstep living in a place like Clifton. Great parks too. London is 90 mins away (it can often take me 90 mins to get home to SE London from night outs in North London!) and Cornwall not too far for trips. Bristol to Charlton in 2 hours if your lucky.

I lived in London for 20 years, spent 5 in Bristol, and now back to London. The quality of life in Bristol was far higher and people nicer. I still can't believe how much goes on there for a city with less than a million people. I wouldn't move back to SE London having done it, and will be moving away soon.
  • Options
    Don't think he was asking any questions.

• Options
    The man has started the discussion for views as there are lots of us who have moved away.
  • Options
    mornings like this here, i dream of moving back too...!!!!! Somehow i don't think a cutting wind off the Thames could ever compete with this :)

Canmore, AB
    Current Temperature: -29.7°C
    With Wind Chill: -40°C

• Options
    mornings like this here, i dream of moving back too...!!!!! Somehow i don't think a cutting wind off the Thames could ever compete with this :)

Canmore, AB
    Current Temperature: -29.7°C
    With Wind Chill: -40°C

Blimey, that looks more like the England cricket score not temperature's..thats cold.

• Options
    Hmm... been thinking of moving in the other direction on and off for years, but I think I'd miss living near London.

Having said that, at the weekend a drunk tried to force his way into my next door neighbours house - it's when something like that happens I think a quiet place in Cornwall would be a good idea.
  • Options
    Having said that, at the weekend a drunk tried to force his way into my next door neighbours house - it's when something like that happens I think a quiet place in Cornwall would be a good idea.
    Anyone else resisting the temptation to make a smart remark about who the drunk might've been? :-)
  • Options
    Hmm... been thinking of moving in the other direction on and off for years, but I think I'd miss living near London.

Dont believe it's all sweetness and light. They love a bit of lawnmower stealing and dognapping. I worked on the door of a club and had to bar a pikey. When i got home our car had been wrecked.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else resisting the temptation to make a smart remark about who the drunk might've been? :-)
    I was sober I tell ye, sober!