Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2007/08 Season

BDLBDL
edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Sorry to ask this, but does anybody know when it starts?

The Mrs. wants to book a Holiday and I want to make sure that it doesn't clash with the footie season.

Comments

• Options
    Only guessing, but CCC is likely to start on 11th August with the PL starting on the 18th.
  • Options
    That sounds about right, unless they want to start early so as to give our cosseted international stars an extra break before the European Championships. Aim to be back by the 11th just in case.
  • Options
    BDL, sod Charlton mate, go in September and save yourself £00s

you can always find a bar to see the updates !
  • Options
    It's just occurred to me that my answer above is assuming we are going to stay in the Premiership. Oggy Red, BDL - the positive thinking is definitely having an effect!

It might be worth checking for the dates of the England friendlies / qualifiers in September, so that way you don't miss any football and you benefit from the cheaper prices. Although it's not necessarily feasible if you've got school age kids.
  • Options
    I've got 2 Kids, both of School age - tied to the school holidays now!

Gone are the days of "cheap" holidays. Headmistress of my eldest son's school refuses to let any parent take their child out of term time - and they're now fining parents who do (or will be able to soon) without permission.

Lesson here - Don't have kids if you want cheap holidays.
  • Options
    Isn't that supposed to be ' Don't have holidays if you don't wan't kids'? ;-)
  • Options
    Scandalous it is. Further to my centre parcs post for the half term costing £905 if we went any other time £455. These holiday companies should not be allowed to get away with it.