Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

whu to be deducted 6 points?

from the notw
fifa have branded the 'ownership' of tevez and mascherano illegal.
this means an almost certain deduction of 6 premiership points. it also means the f.a. face embarassing questions for failing to stop the deal going through in the 1st place and scuppers liverpools continuing attempt to sign mascherano.
fifa rules make no provisions for an individual or business to own a players rights.
our own premier league rules prevent clubs from signing players who are owned by a third party.

do you think they (whu) could loan 1 of them to wigan ;-)

Comments

• Options
    If it was in any other paper but the NOTW, I'd believe it....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]If it was in any other paper but the NOTW, I'd believe it....

also mentioned in telegraph
  • Options
    Fingers crossed then!
  • Options
    Did Mascherano leave West Ham in the transfer window or is he still there?
  • Options
    i think the premier league looking into the legalities of the proposed liverpool deal have uncovered the illegalities of the deals taking them to west ham.
  • Options
    rn't mk dons 'apparently' gettin every point they won while an unregistered player was playin for them deducted (around 18) therefore shouldn;t same rule apply??

no matter how many points WHU may or may not get deducted, we still need wigan to get dragged in2 this
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    See this on Sky Sports
    http://tinyurl.com/yotuqq

I cant get this link to work but if you copy and paste it should work
  • Options
    surely the appeal would be deemed 'frivolous' and the point deduction doubled ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Not MK Dons.

AFC Wimbledon faced with having 18 points deducted - because they didn't apply for 'International Clearance' between the Welsh FA and English FA for Jermaine Darlington's transfer from Cardiff City in November.

AFC claim they are being massively over-punished for the slightest technicality, as neither FA pointed out the need to get international clearance at the time of registering the player.

If they lose their appeal and have points deducted, they will take the Ryman League to court of law.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Did Mascherano leave West Ham in the transfer window or is he still there?[/quote]

He's at Liverpool awaiting final clearance before he can play.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Did Mascherano leave West Ham in the transfer window or is he still there?

He's at Liverpool awaiting final clearance before he can play.

Interesting. Had a look at the official websites, and he's still listed under the West Ham players profiles, but no mention of him under Liverpools....
  • Options
    I think he's on a loan at Liverpool until the end of the season and then the whole of next season, ie 18 months.

This article suggests that the Premier League still haven't given him permission to play for Liverpool, so technically I suppose he's still a West Ham player. Fifa have though given their permission for him to play for Liverpool.

http://soccergolazo.blogspot.com/2007/02/javier-mascherano-liverpool-deal-not.html
  • Options
    So if FIFA are happy for Mascherano to play for Liverpool, doesn't this rather contradict the "illegal ownership" story?
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]So if FIFA are happy for Mascherano to play for Liverpool, doesn't this rather contradict the "illegal ownership" story?

I think the point that is now being made is that FIFA was not aware of the ownership arrangements of Mascherano and so sanctioned the transfer to Liverpool. The FA has refused to sanction it without further details of the original loan deal to the Hamsters. In looking at that they have "unearthed" the ownership issue which may lead to points deductions. Thus he may not be able to play for Liverpool either.

What is totally bizarre about this is that it was pretty much common knowledge that the Argies were owned by MSI. I remember reading about it soon after their transfer. Why has it taken so long for the Authorities to wise up?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Why has it taken so long for the Authorities to wise up?

We're talking about FIFA and the FA remember....
  • Options
    I can't see how the governing bodies will get away with it. They must have sanctioned the blood move in the 1st place.
    Now I am all for West Ham getting done if they have broken the rules BUT surely the FA and Premier League must be accountable as well they must have sanctioned the move.

This is going to get messy
  • Options
    either way, its unsettling, whether there is a real risk of being deducted or not.
    love seeing them on the back of the papers in turmoil!
  • Options
    You just know West Ham will get away with it and AFC Wimbledon will have to lump it.

It's about money not what is right or wrong. West Ham broke the rules a few years back when they played Manny Onyimou (?spelling) when he was cup tied. They got away with it then and they'll get away with it this time.
  • Options
    i think the Tevez situation is ok because they are still playing and have always played him in some capacity.

The fact that Mascherano got frozen out completely when the team was playing terrible is the fishy thing.

hence why he still hasnt "signed" for Liverpool
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe if FIFA have already declared the transfers illegal then the FA will have no say in the matter - meaning even if Brooking & co at the FA want to act in West Ham's favour, they will be overuled anyway?