Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Magnusson hits out at Pardew

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
It's on the skysports site:

West Ham United chairman Eggert Magnusson has slammed former Hammers boss Alan Pardew, claiming there was dressing room unrest while he was in charge.

Pardew was sacked by Magnusson in December after a disastrous run of form, with Alan Curbishley replacing him at Upton Park.

Magnusson will come face-to-face with Pardew next weekend, as West Ham travel to Charlton Athletic for a crucial relegation battle and the Icelander has already stoked the fires ahead of the clash by suggesting Pardew had lost the dressing room at West Ham.

"There was no purpose to talk about it publicly at the time," Magnusson told the News of the World

"But the key factor was something was just not right in the dressing room.

"Tension had been building between the players and the manager for a while.

"There was a cancer we had to cut off."

sounds to me like magnusson is getting a little edgy

Comments

• Options
    f**king egg head! cant see that myself. seems to me that egg is trying to rush them to medals too quick and has shafted himself up his own anus. pards has done nothing wrong. imo no player is bigger than the club and players should be doing as the manager says rather than being argumentative premaddonas! Looks like the players run that club!
  • Options
    Pardew only goes up in my estimation after this

West Ham is chock full of very average players with huge egos - Konchesky, Reo Coker, Ferdinand etc etc - the very worst of the Premiership Bling brigade

Pardew knew this, probably let a few of them know & the baby Bentley brigade couldn't handle it

Precisely why Curbs is struggling, he surrounded himself with honest, hard working players & has walked into a dressing room where the main concern at 2.45pm on a Saturday afternoon is which nightclub they will be hitting later that night
  • Options
    "sounds to me like magnusson is getting a little edgy"

More cacking himself than edgey...he spent £85m on buying 83% of the club, and has since sanctioned the transfers in of several players on high salaries, not to mention sacking one manager and employing another. Instead of things pulling together after Pardew left, the club is going into freefall. If they lose their next two matches - which is conceivable, the chances are that they are all but relegated. We all knew that Maggusson, along with the takeovers of Liverpool, Aston Villa, Portsmouth etc wasn't buying a football club for the sake of the sport, but because he could get his hands on the money from the new TV deal that kicks in next year. That looks like disappearing out the window, along with a chunk of his investment.
  • Options
    Yeah, and we can all see that the Biscuitman's tactic of solving the problem by the sacking the manager rather than letting the manager get rid of the troublesome players in the transfer window has worked out just marvelously, hasn't it? All that he has done is transfer their real problem from Pardew to Curbishley who is even less likely to be able to handle it given his previous and widely known troubles with ego merchants.
    West Ham have given us an absolute gift in Pardew and I still cannot believe how lucky we were to land him the way that we did. If we had a shopping list of ANY manager in the country when Curbs left then I would have chosen Pardew above anyone else.
    Christ, I would love to have seen Brian Clough deal with some of these tossers, he would have had them sorted in five minutes. Classic bit in Roy Keane's autobiography where he says that as a 19 year old playing for Forest and Ireland he would be sitting outside the training ground dressing rooms and Cloughie would come by after taking his dog for a walk, take off his muddy wellies and chuck them at Keane and say, "Give those a clean for us please, Roy." Keane said he would clean them unquestionably every time because he knew that it was Cloughie's way of letting him know he was the boss but that at the same time Cloughie would give him latitude in other areas.
  • Options
    Its just psychological sparring....tryng to wind Pards up....will love to see that ugly feckers when we beat them......
  • Options
    The man is a TWIT with a capital A. As I understand it Pards and Curbs have mutual no rock throwing agreement prior to this game then Mr Hampton Head comes along and starts chucking them around, it really does take the biscuit. Pards had created a good team spirit there last year, hence the "over-performing" jibes. He then gets a couple of Argie exocets dumped on him and copious take over chatter and low and behold there was some "unrest". Hardly his fault.

The best way to answer Mr Egg Head is on the pitch on Saturday.
  • Options
    Agreed and sacking him before even giving him the chance to ship a few new faces in and ship the bad apples out in the transfer window was absolutely unforgivable.

When the Spammers had Pardew in charge I just could not see them realistically going down but now they are in a worse position than we are.
  • Options
    Hey, but we do have him to thank for Pardew being available. :-))
  • Options
    "As I understand it Pards and Curbs have mutual no rock throwing agreement prior to this game"

They also go back long enough to know the score, and neither are the media whore/rent-a-quote type, very careful about what they say and how they say it, which doesn't make for headlines. I suspect Eggert is just learning about the tabloid media in Britain the hard way, get phoned by a tabloid hack, a few leading questions and before you know it the tabloid hack has his controversial story.
  • Options
    The king is dead, long live the king.

All the more reason to get behind Pardew from the off on Saturday to show the Hammers in the Jimmy Seed, the Directors box and onthe pitch what they are missing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The king is dead, long live the king.

All the more reason to get behind Pardew from the off on Saturday to show the Hammers in the Jimmy Seed, the Directors box and onthe pitch what they are missing.

Jimmy Seed? Is that a pub or something?
  • Options
    Yes, it's a pub WSS. Well spotted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    West Ham have given us an absolute gift in Pardew and I still cannot believe how lucky we were to land him the way that we did. If we had a shopping list of ANY manager in the country when Curbs left then I would have chosen Pardew above anyone else.

Couldn't agree more!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The king is dead, long live the king.

Surely for safety & segregation reasons they should be in the South Stand
  • Options
    I presume the "cancer" old egg head is speaking of is a certain situation that arose from certain actions by a certain person that we all certainly cannot talk about.

Isn't freedom of speech a great thing.
  • Options
    It certainly is
  • Options
    When you say the thing that a certain person did that we cannot talk about, are you referring to the thing that involved a thing with a member of the fairer sex!
  • Options
    who was married to a certain person who was employed at the same establishment as another certain person.
  • Options
    does anyone else thinks he looks like this guy out of Sin City?:

wbyellow_narrowweb__200x270.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    ha ha yeh, looks like that will become a reality as west ham get closer and closer to relegation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is gonna totally throw Ollie!!
  • Options
    Magnusson has not broken any agreement, this story first appeared on january 21st and the great journos at News of the World are now calling it their own. Unbelieavble!

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=78066&highlight=cancer

Pretty cheap of NotW to rip this story of as it was translated from an Icelandic newspaper on January 21st on a West Ham forum.

.....Not trained properly

Eggert also says it was very hard to let Alan Pardew go but it was unavoidable. “Afterwards it has been clear that there was more to it than first appeared. There is no purpose to talk about it publically but the key factor was that something just wasn’t right in the dressing room. Tension had been building between the players and the manager for a while. That was a cancer we had to cut off.”

Eggert feels that the West Ham players werent trained properly and feels the preperations before the season were mishandled because of the tension that was building. “That was entirely unacceptable.”

West Ham regained their Premieship status in the spring of 2005 and had a great season last year. The finished ninth in the league and lost the FA Cup final to Liverpool on penalties........
  • Options
    So Mortain is back with the slurs and innuendo again. Everyone knows these rumors and if they are true then why did the paper have an injunction placed on them from publishing?
    Also, if Pardew DID do what he is alleged to have done {although I think things are likely to have been grossly exagerrated] then that would surely represent gross misconduct and be worth of instant dismissal, would it not? If that is the case then why did the Biscuitman agree to pay out Pardew's contract in full? Seems a bit strange does it not, to pay a couple of million for terminating a contract when you could have got away with not paying him out at all?
    I guess it will all come out in the wash eventually.....
    However, fact is that if they were halfway up the table then Pardew could have done what he liked to whom he liked and they would never have sacked him.
    Also, I guess the "cancer" that he is supposed to have spread seems to be alive and well under Curbishley too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]So Mortain is back with the slurs and innuendo again. Everyone knows these rumors and if they are true then why did the paper have an injunction placed on them from publishing?
    Also, if Pardew DID do what he is alleged to have done {although I think things are likely to have been grossly exagerrated] then that would surely represent gross misconduct and be worth of instant dismissal, would it not? If that is the case then why did the Biscuitman agree to pay out Pardew's contract in full? Seems a bit strange does it not, to pay a couple of million for terminating a contract when you could have got away with not paying him out at all?
    I guess it will all come out in the wash eventually.....
    However, fact is that if they were halfway up the table then Pardew could have done what he liked to whom he liked and they would never have sacked him.
    Also, I guess the "cancer" that he is supposed to have spread seems to be alive and well under Curbishley too.

Ormiston, if you want to bury your head in the sand an think pardews sh*t doesn't stink then go ahead, its pointless having a debate about it if your adament they are just slurs.