Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kidney Failure

Comments

• Options
    Very sad news. My thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    although I don't know you my thought are with you and your family, may your Dad RIP
  • Options
    Our thoughts are with you and your loved ones. May your Dad RIP.
    Ray.
  • Options
    Can't add to what everyone else has said. Thoughts are with you MIA and DM.
  • Options
    Many condolences MIA xxx
  • Options
    Sorry about your loss. Have been through something similar with my dad.
  • Options
    Thoughts are with you MIA.
    May he Rest in Peace.
  • Options
    Such sad news. My thoughts are with you and yours.
  • Options
    RIP your dad mate.
  • Options
    Very sad news. My mum died of kidney failure a short while back after a two year fight against it. Condolences and all best wishes to you and your family.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, so sorry for your loss mate. Keep your chin up and cherish your memories.
  • Options
    Remember All the good times.
    RIP.

Paul.
  • Options
    MIA - firstly my thoughts are with you and your family.

I lost my dad 10 years ago now. He got a knock to the head and became a brain hemmorrhage and he went into a coma and died a few hours later. What I am trying to say is that it is better that our fathers lived full and happy lives and not struggled with debilitating illnesses for too long.

The pain of loss will subside over time but the good memories never will. And that is what will keep you strong.

Take care mate.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this, MIA. Do make sure your Dad is included on the remembrance list for the Rochdale game - and if you have the chance, let us know on here what the surname is so that we can all look out for him too. Wishing you and the rest of your family every strength.
  • Options
    Tough times ....
  • Options
    Very sorry to hear that MIA. I believe from personal experience, that in some ways, the worst is nearly over. For me once the funeral had taken place, I gradually started to feel better.

Time is definitely a healer, but occasions such as these tend to bring back the memories, both good and bad.

Personally, I would go to the game on Saturday if it was me, as it may well "do you a bit of good". Circumstances might dictate otherwise.

RIP to your Dad.
  • Options
    Very sorry to hear about this MIA, thoughts go out to you and your family. I went through a similar experience with my mum when I was just 12, she was in a coma for nearly 2 weeks when the inevitable happened. At the time it was devastating but as with all things time helps, and it sounds like your dad would be the sort of person who wants to be remembered with a smile. On a personal level for me since that horrible day I think I've become a lot stronger and it has pushed me on to do a lot of things I may not have done otherwise.

RIP
  • Options
    Condolences MIA to U & family , a tough dreadful time, in time the happier memories will shine through.......I've been there, best wishes.
  • Options
    MIA, terribly sorry to hear your news. It is obvious from what you wrote that you had a wonderful relationship with your Dad, and you will have some great memories which pop into your mind throughout your life. I cried like a baby when I lost my Dad, and I still talk to him all the time. My dad was in the Army all his life, and every time I fail to win the Lottery I say ' oh well soldier on ' just like he used to. If you could ask him now about Saturdays game, I know what he would say. It would be ' get yourself there son, do it for me and enjoy. '
  • Options
    Very sorry to hear your news. If you can go on Saturday your dad will be with you in spirit. Take care
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How sad. Sympathies from all up here. Treasure the happy memories.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss MIA.
  • Options
    Sincerest condolences MIA to you and your family.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    condolences
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your news MIA and DaveMehmet.
    MIA, draw what positives you can from the fact that, with your father in a coma, hopefully he didn't suffer.
    Dave, hope things turn out well for you all.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    MIA - condolences; only just read this as close to the heart at the moment.
    We were just about to leave for the station for the Brentford game on the 2nd when we found out that my father-in-law had been rushed in with suspected kidney failure. He's pulled through that but just been given the hospice advice and it looks like only a couple of weeks.
    Strange how it sometimes works out - my Dad was ill for a few weeks with everything slowly shutting down and almost in a coma for the last few days, but waited until just after I had sat with him and watched the draw with Derby on Sky in 2008 before passing. An Addick to the end.
  • Options
    Condolences to you and your family. Read this thread after starting another asking for help with something and it made me wonder why I was worrying so much about something so routine
  • Options
    This has been one of the toughest threads to read on Charltonlife. First of all just wishing you and your Family all the best MIA. I feel your pain, lost my Mum this time last year, it was the most horrific life experience I have ever been through. Don't be afraid to talk to your friends, a lot of mine are from on here were a great help. The pain won't go away, but I can promise it does get easier... eventually.
  • Options
    Very sad news MIA and you must really be feeling it at the moment. Hang in there and remember the good times. :-)