Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall by Matt Little (Brain)

13»

Comments

• Options
    This is like one of those optical illusions! I can't for the life of me see the supposedly "correct interpretation". It only reads one way. To me, it's Millwall... you get what you see on the tin. Scummy club.
  • Options
    The only decent article in the News Shopper is "Pub Spy".

• Options
    Always thought news shopper should do page 3.

Charmaine, 38, From Slade Green.
  • Options
    Rodney: the bottles being thrown is just pointless, don't think it captures any passion/aggression, just idiots really who don't realise it can cause ramifications for the club in the way of fines etc.

I'm all for people barracking the linesman down the touchline and trying to influence him to go our way...but lobbing bottles, and plastic ones at that, is silly & does us no good.

• Options
    Sparrows - i think our attendances tell you where the most interesting and exciting place to watch football is.
  • Options
    Pwoper geezers darn the den.

Even the subs jog on.....
  • Options
    Nowhere does it say attacking team buses is ok. My interpretation of what he wrote was that the people throwing bottles on Saturday belonged to the Millwall of 45 years ago who attacked the bus, not the Millwall of today. All about opinions I suppose.

I think you were the one who wasn't reading it correctly, sure he was careful to call those who atacked the bus "cowardly" etc, but he did seem to take a bit of pleasure in the reputation that Millwall have earned themselves.
  • Options
    He called those throwing bottles cowardly not those attacking the bus.
  • Options
    "but he did seem to take a bit of pleasure in the reputation that Millwall have earned themselves"

Like those on here who took a bit of pleasure that your lads turned over Sheff Weds a fwe years ago? Or the boost in pride reading about your lads who done Southampton?

Or what if it's your lads who are in the next carriage next time some palace bullies decide to start on innocent Charlton women & kids and they come through & give them a wallop?

It happens, every team has their element, can't think of many away games where there hasn't been a welcoming committee waiting to take a pop at a "cockney caaant".
  • Options
    Yes SLL every team has thier element but unfortunately for you it's all your lot are known for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like those on here who took a bit of pleasure that your lads turned over Sheff Weds a fwe years ago? Or the boost in pride reading about your lads who done Southampton?

Or what if it's your lads who are in the next carriage next time some palace bullies decide to start on innocent Charlton women & kids and they come through & give them a wallop?

It happens, every team has their element, can't think of many away games where there hasn't been a welcoming committee waiting to take a pop at a "cockney caaant".

Congratulations on missing the point.

There do seem to be a large number of Millwall fans who oppose hooliganism and of course wouldn't be caught dead throwing bottles, ripping up seats and acting like total twats etc and yet seem to take a bit of pleasure in the reputation that Millwall fans have earned over the years for throwing bottles, ripping up seats and acting like total twats etc.

As for those in our fan base who turned over Sheffield Wednesday or "done" Southampton I can promise you I felt no "boost in pride" in reading about their antics, more abject pity for them and the human race generally.
  • Options
    With reference to Easter getting away scot free - I can't see how you can read it any other way!!! I think we would be even more outraged if this piece was about our club from a Charlton fan - instead we are not surprised - poor judgement from NewsShopper publishing it though.
  • Options
    On that day that plymouth upset the SE16 locals the mighty Charlton were winning at shithurst, a good day all round. 45 years ago is rather frightening tho ;-(
  • Options
    AfkaBartram - Pwoper geezers darn the den.

Even the subs jog on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    LOL
  • Options
    Didn't read it, I have read/heard enough deluded crap from that shower of shite over the years to have gained a sixth sense.
  • Options
    I reckon Newsshopper knows full well what it meant & was happy to "run it", as a "normal" fan, not a hooligan is admitting in print, what we all know.

Usually you get the likes of SLL trying to defend it & saying it ain't them that start it.

Millwall should have been closed down more then thirty years ago.

However, as has been said elsewhere, they are our filter & if they were closed down, then many of their "fans", might start following us.
  • Options
    millwall fans want to be hated but what they really hate themselves is that no-one gives a shit.

i enjoy playing millwall as it's a derby but apart from that i really dont care either way.
  • Options

RodneyCharltonTrotta January 19
    If a bunch of like minded blokes want to beat ten shades out of each other and only each other (ie not smashing things up) entirely away from anyone else in the middle of field or deserted alley for instance why on earth would i be bothered SHG?

majority of these blokes have families. Whether that's having a wife and kids, a girlfriend or a mum and dad. Now imagine them getting the crap beaten out of one of them, one of them knocked out and recieves injuries that he will never fully recover from or even is forced into a wheelchair for the rest of their lives. Who has to look after them? Their families, friends and maybe even the state. Yeah, it's an extreme circumstance, but wouldn't you be worried if you knew your son/brother was out looking for trouble? Nowadays these mindless thugs carry weapons, that do a lot more damage than just fists.

Any form of violence is stupid, pointless and proves just how much intelligence you lack if you go out intentionally looking for a fight.
  • Options
    Everyone's favourite writer is at it again!
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/9505976.It_is_hard_for_Millwall_fans_not_to_cringe_at_West_Ham_counterparts/

Does seem he write's solely to get a reaction and a bit of controversy but I agree with him in parts.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    "West Ham are also a club which attracts headlines, be it for cheating their way out of relegation or trying to bully Leyton Orient out of existence.......... "

Matt Littlebrain sure doesn't like the Hamsters, does he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That article is actually pretty funny.
  • Options
    Bet his a tiny looking thing this reporter
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    It ia very poorly written paragraph. Taking the article as a whole, his point is that of Millwall fans contesting every corner, tackle, bump, throw on etc. Equally the whole point of the article is revelling in the thuggery of years gone past. But by not making the clear comment that a mob attacking a team bus, is a pretty f'ing pathetic display of cowardly attack in numbers, his urge to see irrattional outbursts means he wants to follow his forefathers. Whether that's shouting at a ginger 20 year old player, as if you're a Latvian SS camp guard, or physically threatening anyone that's an easy target, it ain't hard to see that it's one and the same psychological urge this guy is referring to.

Having said that I haven't been to any football ground where this isn't the case. I do have the urge to hurl abuse at that horrible little nothing-player Jermaine Easter. And in my twenties I would have done, thankfully it just ain't that important to me nowadays and I can stop myself. A lot of us more rational people, I'd like to think I occasionally am, want and have a bit of that partisan passion in the ground.

The Old Den had that in droves, plenty of it unsavoury and some of it amusing. I really can't say I see a fraction of it at the new Den. The year they were promoted, they played some coruscating football, with Danny Schofield among others being particularly excellent to watch. But as for atmosphere, it was remarkably mild not a patch on our play off push. Most Millwall fans I know are perfectly normal, intelligent people. There is a higher element of slightly overweight adults, who seem to have got their attire from the back of an unused horse box. On average they are hilariously intemperate towards their own players and managers, even when as of now they still look like a team just one without many goalscoring options. Gees if they had had to put up with our team in 2007-8, I don't think Lewisham borough would have been able to deal with the appoplectic heart attacks. Last night at the Valley there were a few irrational shouters, in what let's face it wasn't an abject performance, one where players needed changing a little quicker. Fortunately we don't seem to have more than a smattering of moral morons, who can't but hurl abuse at anything and anyone when the team is actually pretty good.
  • Options
    I thought the bit about West Ham being a parody of themselves was amusing. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
  • Options
    Any updates on his Veg chopping this week?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    So he kicks of the article with a picture of the Danny Dyer who like or loathe him has done alright for himself, done something with his life and made a few quid....totally missing the irony of the dozens of Danny Dyer wannabes that follow millwall and live at home with mum without ever doing a days work.

Then points out about essex plumbers playing the wannabe eastender completely oblivious it would appear to the plethora of kent boys and grammar school boys who turn into a rough diamond geezer when they get off at London bridge from the burbs to see "Waaarl".

He's either on a wind up, never been to Millwall or a proper turnip.

Looking forward to next weeks installment where he waxes lyrical about how the rioting at Upton Park and other "nawtyness" makes them pwopa and every other football fan a middle class, passionless, plastic melt blah blah blah.....before getting back to chopping veg for his beef bourguigon.