Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dowie Sent to Coventry

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
He's got the job, good luck to him.

Comments

• Options
    as i said before, his period in charge all seems a bit of a blur now. I find it hard to associate him with us in any way, and when he returns to the Valley with a team, he'll just be 'another manager'.
  • Options
    i think we may find out what actually happened at Charlton in the near future now.
  • Options
    Good luck ID full of passion if nothing else. At least he will be able to bring his own team in as CC have got shot of everyone from the backroom. I feel that was part of the problem and prevented us from getting Billy Davies I presume who is doing an excellent job at Derby and left a good set up at PNE
  • Options
    yep, Davies wanted to bring in his own men and was uncomfortable being foisted with the staff and structure we had already set-up. ID obviously thought he could work with it but ultimately couldn't and when he tried to change it then it all went tits-up. I've no animosity whatsoever towards ID, it just didn't work out and these things happen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]yep, Davies wanted to bring in his own men and was uncomfortable being foisted with the staff and structure we had already set-up. .

And you know that as a fact Large?
  • Options
    Tell us the facts then Henry dear
  • Options
    Programme notes seemed to indicate that Davies was offered the job but when Dowie became available we plumped for him instead and i'm not sure of the reasons behind it.

The sceptic in me would say that RM was trying to get one over on Jordan but i find that very hard to believe.
  • Options
    I don't know why Davies didn't take the job as he's never said.

It could have been the set up, it could have been that he didn't fancy following Curbs or that he didn't want to move to London or that he thought Derby was a better option.

The only fact is that we don't know.
  • Options
    so it was definately Davies rejecting the offer, rather than us withdrawing the offer once Dowie become available ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I find it hard to be as charitable to Dowie as some.

We have had two great managers in the last 15 years and that fat lump in the middle.

Passion means nothing in football, you have to have a small amount of tacticle knowledge as well. Otherwise we could all be Charlton manager.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]so it was definately Davies rejecting the offer, rather than us withdrawing the offer once Dowie become available ??

As I heard it Davies asked for 24 hours to think about and then never got back to us or returned calls etc. Then Dowie became available and even at Dowie's first interview ID was told that we had another, preferred, candidate. Obviously I wasn't on the board when all this happened.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]yep, Davies wanted to bring in his own men and was uncomfortable being foisted with the staff and structure we had already set-up. .

And you know that as a fact Large?

yes !!