Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

east stand view

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Decided to watch todays game in east stand half way line,10 rows back Crowd in this stand bit mooted ,Is this always the case .Great performance from the team,North stand noise FANTASTIC.. back in there for the bury game......UP THE ADDICKS.....

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2012
    sorry, but Yes, it does resemble a morgue at times. We sit in the East, about 12 rows from the front and slightly nearer the North than the South so probably not that far from you today. My dad (who is 80) tries to get the signing going, buy usually to no avail.......
  • Options
    I sit in row B in the east stand and the atmosphere is usually really quiet, unlike the North stand.
  • Options
    last season has the misfortune to have sit in east stand the two blokes behind talked about ford mondeo's the whole game never again!!!!
  • Options
    Sat there once last season, and the atmosphere was pony. I couldn't bare 90 minutes of away fans pointing and telling us how quiet we were. I wanted to stand up and shout,"Its not me, don't tarnish me with this muted reputation."
    Each to their own and all though, i went straight back to the covered end where my voice is appreciated.
    And i vow never to return to the East Stand again, just not my cup of tea!
  • Options
    What's all this racket on here? Quieten down, will you.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I sit in Block C in the east stand and there are only 20 guys that shout/cheer in the whole block (one of them being me of course).

I mean the view is great but I'm thinking about moving to the north stand next season.
  • Options
    Only takes one person to start singing or chanting and everyone else then joins in. Its alsmost like a school disco party and everyone is scared to be the first to dance!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Starting songs is not that easy. Nor is dancing for most people. All about timing and judging the mood of the crowd. If you are a good dancer you are probably also good at starting songs but i doubt the reverse is true
  • Options
    Cut the lights out in the north, that'll do the trick.
  • Options
    Lets all Have a Disco!
    Lets all have a Disco!

La La La oy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    last year we had a struggle to be more interesting than a ford mondeo.
  • Options
    I usually pop over there for cup games or if I get ejected from the North upper during power cuts etc.

It's quieter than the North for sure, but a cauldron compared to the West.

The other thing with the East is that it seems to have its own microclimate - I always encounter brass monkeys looking for welders over there.
  • Options
    The East is where the cognoscenti are.
  • Options
    You saw a lot , but did you hear anything ?!!
  • Options
    East Stand is very loud
  • Options
    I suppose a couple of thousand people biting into prawn sandwiches must create quite a racket !
  • Options
    We managed to blagg some free tickets so were in block B of the east stand. Only about 20 or so others were `Charlton' the others were a school party from Sandwich, and lots of families who obviously had never been before and were on freebies like ourselves. To say the atmosphere was a bit mooted would be pushing it. BUT other than a few renditions of `Top of the league' i thought the covered end were a bit quiet too.
  • Options
    The blankets absorb the sound a bit as does singing into our cocoa flasks
  • Options
    What Seth said. Quiet and happy enough with that. When we do roar the team is rocking and the away fans know it. Simple to me, if the side gets stuck in they can cause a buzz and singing all around the ground. Yesterday was another home game in which their was little to sing about other than the goal and too many of us were concentrating and biting our fingernails to sing.
  • Options
    The East Stand Ultras!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was pleasantly surprised with the view from the NE quad
  • Options
    I think driving a mondeo would have been more exciting than watchin last years games! I take it all back!
  • Options
    Don't matter if your drawing 0-0 with Oldham or 4-4 with Millwall, The East Stand and West Stand will always be quiet.
  • Options
    and whoever had a poo in the east stand gents at about 2.30 yesterday.
    your guts sir, are rotten.
  • Options
    All grounds have their quieter stands, our biggest problem is that our noisy fans arent right on top of the pitch. And also that the away stand has the best acoustics.