Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Films

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Just signed up to Love Film - any recommendations gratefully received.

Comments

• Options
    Cancel the membership and download them all for nothing from the internet.

HTH
  • Options
    Red riding hood.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Life of Brian
  • Options
    HTH?
  • Options
    join netflix and just watch films whenever you want without having to wait for the dvd. Same price a month
  • Options
    Requiem for a Dream.
  • Options
    Lovefilm only takes three days between posting plus you can watch films on your PS3.More choice on lovefilm I find.
  • Options
    Not finding the choice on Netflix all that great, last film I watched was The American which is really good.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    black cat white cat, talk to her
  • Options
    Kentaddick, depending on which package you're on with Lovefilm, you can download certain films as well.

James. have a look at the "latest films" thread (http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/31751/latest-films) to see what people here are recommending and slating.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Netflix have not signed any specific studio deals so most movies are a few years old. The average year of production is 2005 and they have about 1,000 titles i think. TV selection is good but it'll be a while before they have the new stuff. I think The Expendables and The American are the newest they have. Lovefilm have the biggest selection in the tens of thousands, but posting DVDs is a bit rubbish and will seem quaint in a year or two. They need to improve their digital offering but if they do, they ought to slam the opposition.

Sky Movies have the newest non-dvd selection alongside iTunes (at least until the competiton comission stick the boot in on BT's behalf) with 1,000 titles on subscription (inc. top 100 of previous year's box office) and soon 2,000 more on a non-subscription basis (99p-1.99p), and are ramping up the on demand tv/pc/ipad selection too. Big thing with Sky though, is you don't need to plug in a computer or console to watch on TV. iPad is great too!
  • Options
    Sky Movies has a good choice but its awfully expensive, had it over christmas as got it discounted but will get rid of it now.
  • Options
    Joined it on trial. Very little downloadable content that was worthwhile. Didn't renew after trial period ended.
  • Options
    A spy among Friends 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    A spy among Friends 
    Good, bad, indifferent? 
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Not finding the choice on Netflix all that great, last film I watched was The American which is really good.
    Good Clooney film that.  Plus the bird is top notch Italian totty...
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    A spy among Friends 
    Good, bad, indifferent? 
    Garbage. Binned after two episodes.

Inheritance on prime is a reasonable watch.
  • Options
    Slow Horses on apple tv+ is a very good watch. Gary Oldman is a very very versatile actor.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    A spy among Friends 
    Good, bad, indifferent? 
    It’s quite complicated and you need to pay attention but each episode pulls me in more. It’s well acted.
    I really enjoyed the book and I don’t recall it being so complicated. Final episode for me tonight.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Solidgone said:
    A spy among Friends 
    Good, bad, indifferent? 
    It’s quite complicated and you need to pay attention but each episode pulls me in more. It’s well acted.
    I really enjoyed the book and I don’t recall it being so complicated. Final episode for me tonight.
    Very powerful ending - well worth watching.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw Once A Upon A Time in The West at the BFI yesterday. Membership got me a free ticket. Very good film 
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:
    Saw Once A Upon A Time in The West at the BFI yesterday. Membership got me a free ticket. Very good film 
    Looks like we're shy one horse.

You brought two too many.