Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fresh Seafood

edited January 2012 in Not Sports Related
Does anyone know of a decent outlet for cockles, whelks, winkles etc

When i was a kid we used to get them from one of those mobile vans outside the pub at the Five Ways (which is now a burger king)
Anyway i've tried a few mobile vans, but nothing local has particularly impressed me.

Short of taking a trip down to Folkestone every time i fancy i bite does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    I buy mine at Chummys of Folkestone who have a very good seafood stall in the car park of The Red Lion on Shooters Hill. Never been disappointed.
  • Options
    There is a really good stall in Eltham outside a pub I can't remember the name off .
  • Options
    Agree with SHG's recomendation.
  • Options
    Beds - you thinking of The Old Post Office, near Argos? Can't think of another fresh fish stall in Eltham.
  • Options
    Outside the Porcupine, Mottingham.
  • Options
    Chummy's are also down the lower road outside the Albion?
  • Options
    Fishy Bits in Eltham aint it
  • Options
    One in the Great Harry car park on Parsonage Manorway, Belvedere is a good one good. Fri-Sun
  • Options
    My cousin has a seafood place in Dungeness, bit of a trek for you though I imagine, right opposite The Pilot.
  • Options
    I see that fishy bits van every now and then and think to myself "is there an inherent risk in buying shell fish from a van outside Elthams seventh best pub" I always decide that there is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I find Leigh on Sea a good place
  • Options
    Fishy bits In eltham is bloody great! He will get anything u want from billingsgate Market. Just made a crab quiche using one of their crabs.
  • Options
    theres one on the a 21 at the roundabout just past farnbough very good
  • Options
    East street market used to have a decent couple of stalls. not sure if its still there though as I havent been there for a few years. Loads outside various pubs here in essex. Very pricey though.
  • Options
    Thanks for all ur help folks.
  • Options
    The one on the A21 is in Green Street Green called Barry Copes. Very very good. Used to do Ascot and all the Racing. The main man Barry died recently RIP Barry
  • Options
    There's one that used to be in Grove Park in the pub car park which moved to the road next to the Co op near Downham Tavern that's really good. Great value for money!
  • Options
    Apparently the seafood in the Catford "centre", outside Tescos is good.
  • Options
    Ah Whelks mmmmmmm, wife won't let me eat them under the same roof as her though!!!!
  • Options
    Good seafood shop in welling near Nags Head
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Prawnbrokers‎
    203 Lower Addiscombe Road
    Croydon CR0 6RA, United Kingdom
    020 8655 2120......................apologies as this is as near to the scum as you would want to venture. But, great fish shop.
  • Options
    The Foresters Pub. Upper Wickham Lane, Welling. Think the Guy is only there Sat & Sun tho'.
  • Options
    The one in Eltham is top notch.