Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal fans.

In light of yesterdays chanting after the substitution are Arsenal fans ungrateful numpties or somewhat justified in view of where they are in the league (nearer relegation than the title) and recent, relative, failure?

Goonerhater need not respond ;-)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2012
    i think they were disappointed a young prospect like ox-chamberlain who was playing well was taken off for a very poor arshavin

every club has different aspirations and whats good for one club is very poor for another

so arsenal being 5th and behind spurs in the league is not good enough ... for them
  • Options
    I don't know how they criticize when they have sold fabregas and nasri and brought in no one ... Need to spend..,
  • Options
    They've made signings, brought in no one that is anywhere near as good as those that left but they've had some serious bad luck with the full backs. Oxlade-Chamberlain is quality though and I expect will be involved with England soon.
  • Options
    sorry but you just have to laugh
  • Options
    Oxlade Chamberlain looks a great prospect. Not entirely sure why he was taken off last night? Seemed an odd decision at the time.
  • Options
    i think its good that the gooners have finally started to see that wenger has lost the plot, they have defended him for far to long and he rightly deserves a kick up the jacksey at the moment, the only good thing he did was sign the wrong right back from us!! How he has not signed a keeper or a new centre back is beyond belief, the guy at fulham hengerland the giant troll would be a cracking signing for them also a decent keeper shay given would have been ideal and they would be right up there.
  • Options
    I think their keeper now is very good and will be for years. Can't argue re the appalling centre half problems that have affected them for years though. It is shocking that he hasn't addressed that.

I have no idea how he thought that German guy was the answer - absolute cart horse.
  • Options
    Wenger thought Parker wasn't good enough, and that kind of mistake proves he's a crack pot! Good manager with a great history with Arsenal, but recently he's lost the plot slightly. Parker and Given would have been perfect for them, and cheap.
  • Options
    I'd say its justified. Wengers dealings in the transfer market of late have been pretty poor.His turd polishing skills aren't quite what they used to be.
    On the other hand,and talking from a set of fans who know how damaging it can be to 'get rid' of a manager that has previously done very well.Be careful what you wish for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2012
    "carly burn 11:49AM
    I'd say its justified. Wengers dealings in the transfer market of late have been pretty poor.His turd polishing skills aren't quite what they used to be.
    On the other hand,and talking from a set of fans who know how damaging it can be to 'get rid' of a manager that has previously done very well.Be careful what you wish for.
    "

Nice to see someone else stick up for Dowie!
  • Options
    Who knows how to look after a teenage footballer best? Us, the Arsenal fans, or the guy who brought a plethora of kids through from youth to first team? The guy who helped turn Fabregas into a world leader?

The boos shouldn't have been about taking Oxlaide off, surely Wenger knows the kid's fitness levels better than the crowd. Rather, the mistake is not having a worthy replacement.

Persisting with Arshavin, who has been literally no more effective than one of us would have been in the last 6 months, is almost painful to watch. And that's indicative if Wenger's transfer policy.

"There isn't good value for money out there" - maybe, but he's not finding any value for the money he is spending.

"You cannot walk into a shop and ask for a full back. It doesn't work like that." - No, but you can walk into your head scout's office...

If and when Arsenal finally pay off that stadium and Wenger gets a huge war chest, Arsenal should become an awesome mix of young, homegrown talent and top class imports. Particularly as they can spend money they are making for themselves. I'm hopeful we get to see that day.
  • Options
    Could be a case of 'You're only as good as your last season', Wenger in the past did amazing things with Arsenal, recently has hardly achieved anything (at least by the standards they have become used to.) The problem with sticking with your principles is that the game moves on, Wenger is in risk of being left behind as opposed to (e.g.) Ferguson who is more willing to change with the times.
  • Options
    Form is temporary, class permanent. Wenger is a class act and ill laugh at Arsenal's demise to mid table Villa like status should they hound him out.
  • Options
    At risk? He's already got left behind, no champions league next year
  • Options
    It isn't just about the Chamberlain thing although it contributed, for quite a while now the fans have been unhappy and to be fair they do have a point, I can't see how they are justified not spending any money to replace those that have left, now whether that is Wenger's doing or the board I'm not sure but most things I've seen written seems to suggest that there is money available and Wenger is too stubborn to splash out on a player. As for the keeper situation imo they have a top keeper now, its been years too late but I think he is class. Defensively it seems Wenger has never been able to buy well. And as for Arshavin, I did read last week his shirt sales generate millions alone, something like the 9th most popular players name to have on a shirt in the league, financially it makes a lot of sense to keep him but if you want to win games you have to question why he plays at all.
  • Options
    part of the problem with wenger is that he hasnt changed his staff in the last 10 years. Ferguson has had 3 or 4 assistants, all bring new ideas.

Pat Rice is just a yes man now and so what Wenger says goes.
  • Options
    Just get the feeling that this is the beginning of the end for Arsene Wenger.
  • Options
    He'll walk when Harry goes down and take the Spurs job.
  • Options
    lol Rodney ... now that I'd like to see
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Im hopefull we never get to see anything but the GoonerGlory huntingShit crying like babies for DECADES.
  • Options
    Nice to see my blog piece made it on here without me posting it. Interesting that today Arsene admits to making a tactical error. Continues to try and defend his decision making though. Tough call I reckon
  • Options
    If that is your Blog wallin58 then it's not factually correct is it? Regarding the departure of Alan Curbishley you said that the board decided it was time for a change. You could not be further from the truth. The board wanted him to sign another 5 year contract, he decided he didn't want to and would see out the remaining one year left. The board then decided that this was not ideal and the two parties agreed that the manager would leave at the end of the 2005/6 season if he didn't want to commit fully for a longer period.
    But as you say you were young then so you didn't understand. 58 obviously doesn't refer to the year you were born.
  • Options
    Haha conpletely correct Chirpy Red and I have acknowledged that mistake in the comments section of the article. Unfortunately the 58 was a randomly assigned number from Hotmail at the time of getting the address. Since writing it and finding out from your comment and the comment on the blog, I have been trying to find out more of the correct info regarding curbs exit, so thanks :)
  • Options
    Arsenal are in decline, and the players Arsene have bought in are nowhere near the standard that have left. Adebayor, Toure, Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy have been replaced by people like Chamakh, Mertesacker, Santos, Park Ju Young and they just aren't good enough.

Realistically, only Van Persie, Sagna, Vermaelen, Wilshere, Song and possibly Walcott are good enough for a team with aspirations of winning the league.

They need at least 5 more players, and I mean proper class players, to compete with the Manchester teams, Tottenham and Chelsea.

• Options
    I wouldn't worry, most of the media and pretty much every other fan (and some of ours) seem to overlook that the board wanted him to stay. It just reads better that way.

Personally, I think that maybe you do need a shake up at AFC but, and don't we know it all too well, the next appointment is absolutely critical to get right. Maybe time for AW to move upstairs as they say?
  • Options
    part of the problem with wenger is that he hasnt changed his staff in the last 10 years. Ferguson has had 3 or 4 assistants, all bring new ideas.

From what I read, Wenger does all the coaching himself. Not really sure what Pat Rice and the other guys are there for.
  • Options
    About a month into season the phone in's were jammed with the Wenger out brigade.......by December there wasn't a single murmur to be heard as they went on that great run............a home defeat to United and he is once again apparently clueless.

He definitely should have bought better recently but f me would gooners honestly want to change what Wenger has brought to the club (the whole set up...not just the first team) with a new guy coming in who is instantly going to want to change the ethos and straight away spend millions with no more guarantee of success?
  • Options
    I think it's a real shame that a club that operates in a sensible business-like manner, investing in youth rather than paying exorbant transfer fees is getting left behind by clubs that buy success whilst operating on vast amounts of debt. They're in big trouble when Wenger goes I fear.
  • Options
    How is Pat Rice a yes man?