Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will 90 points secure promotion this year?

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Bearing in mind we have 5 clubs with an average of about 2 points per game, and we are over halfway through the season, will 90 points get a team promoted?

I think that this may be an exceptional year, where 90 points only leaves you in a playoff slot.

By the way, I think we will get way past that.

Comments

• Options
    Sheff Utd will come good
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    I think we'll get to 100
  • Options
    Yes, but I think CAFC will get more than 90
  • Options
    100 should be the target.
  • Options
    92 points should be enough but obviously the more we get the better.
  • Options
    But this one goes up to eleven.
  • Options
    we will get 116 points.
  • Options
    No I think we will need 90+ so let go for the ton
  • Options
    Got 50 quid with a mate that we'll break 100 points, COYR!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we will get 108 points, but I was thinking more of the four below us who could get to the 90 point mark, and still be disappointed.
  • Options
    I think we will need to hit the 100 point mark to win the title as second will finish on 95/99 points with one of the play off teams being on 91/92 points.
  • Options
    We already have 60 points with 20 games left. It is usually accepted that a team gaining 2 points a game over a season will get promoted (92 points.) On the basis that we gain 2 points a game from hereon that would give us 100 points as we are already ahead of the general target. 100 points will suffice and in my view we will get that and a few to spare. I think we will end up with 105.
    The two games against the Sheffield sides have demoralised those around us and boosted our team's confidence level immeasurably. Even CP (typically modest) was only talking of 4 points but we got all 6.
  • Options
    We're not demoralised far from it. We recognise that we didn't test your crap keeper enough but we out played you. We now know nothing to fear and we expect to go on another big run. All we're hoping is not to meet the pigs in the play offs by finishing second.

Think we'll go up with you tbh.
  • Options
    Might stick a tenner on us getting at least 100 points. Don't know what the odds are though.
  • Options
    I don't think we'll reach 100 points. There will come a point in the season when we'll secure promotion and then we'll drop points to sides threatened by relegation etc or someone trying to reach the play offs. I think we'll get 94, Sheff Utd 92, then perm 80-90 points for each of Huddersfield, Sheff Weds, MK Dons and Bury. Sheff Weds in play offs and Rhodes to us in the summer - wahey!
  • Options
    90 points wouldn't have been good enough last year
  • Options
    110 points - weve had our blip already and powelly will make sure everyone competes for the rest of the season if they want to be part of the 'journey'
  • Options
    worksop blade - we were ahead for 70 minutes - we also controlled the middle period of the game after the goal, so i would disagree that you outplayed us
  • Options
    The way the top 3-4 teams are going I reckon you might struggle to get second on 90 points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlton Points

60/26

SELL95 - 96.5BUY

Huddersfield Town Points

53/27

SELL85.5 - 87BUY

Sheffield Wednesday Points

53/27

SELL85.5 - 87BUY

Sheffield United Points

53/27

SELL85 - 86.5BUY

MK Dons Points

47/26

SELL80 - 81.5BUY

Stevenage Points

45/27

SELL69.5 - 71BUY

Carlisle Utd Points

42/26

SELL68 - 69.5BUY

Bournemouth Points

40/27

SELL66 - 67.5BUY

• Options
    sorry that came out pony
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Dear Richard from Worksop.

I don't know quite what is your definition of outplayed?

Do you mean Sheff Utd were allowed to play harmless pretty triangles in the centre circle for half the game, without ever looking like finding a way through a well drilled Charlton defence, yet looked vulnerable in defence each time you were attacked?

Or do you mean your only shot on target in 90 minutes proved your domination?
  • Options
    I think third place will get less than 90 points so yes is my answer.
  • Options
    Sorry Richard but you are deluding yourself if you think your lot outplayed us. Powell played the Ali 'rope-a-dope' by letting your lot bang away to little purpose. How many shots did Hamer have to save? Surely if you 'outplayed' us you would have had some efforts which troubled him but you didn't. A crap cross which hit the top of the bar (and which Hamer had covered) doesn't count as a chance.
    Anyway the ONLY stat which is relevant is the final score. Lots of scrapping for 2nd place but it won't include us.
  • Options
    love how our tactics compare to ali's 'rope-a-dope'. class. Chris 'floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee' Powell.

only a matter of time before we all start doing the Powell Shuffle.
  • Options
    Teams in the top 6 are starting to drop points here and there now
  • Options
    We recognise that we didn't test your crap keeper enough but we out played you. .
    same crap keeper whose played his part in the best defence in the league?

• Options
    90 points wouldn't have been good enough last year
    Would have been for Southampton.