Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle away discounted train travel

Tickets have now gone on sale with Virgin Trains for a possible promotion party.

Tickets start at £32 return for an adult ticket

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2012
    So hoping I do not have to go , how lOng does it take on train?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    love that £21 with my railcard cheers elfsborg just bought my tranmere train tickets for 36

suprisingly quicker than i though 3 hours. Better than when we did it on the coach and it took 9 if i remember rightly
  • Options
    Your alright.

I thought £32 quid was great but £21 even better!!
  • Options
    Kimbo/ Takes apprx 3 1/2 hours
  • Options
    Looking forward to this game, takes me 9 minutes on the train.
  • Options
    And a tad cheaper.

I'm getting married in Gretna before the game so we better win so not upset the day!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    bargain. any other cheap ticket tips gratefully received :)
  • Options
    Im an hour and a half away by train,probably be on same train as GretnaGreenAddick!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    managed to find a good deal for huddersfield away £22 with young persons

• Options
    Tickets have now gone on sale with Virgin Trains for a possible promotion party.

Tickets start at £32 return for an adult ticket
    Thanks for the heads up. Train booked

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    ACDriver, your welcome. Expensive these away games so when you can save a few quid it is nice to spread the word
  • Options
    Cheers, I've booked a later return in case there's a pitch party!
  • Options
    Cheers, May have to get onto this today.
  • Options
    Thanks (i think) now got tickets! had no intention to go until we saw this post
  • Options
    Think I may do Carlisle again, not been there for 26 years.

We only get promoted in the North West
  • Options
    FOD, good idea! Can be a bit naughty Carlisle so have to be a bit discreet in town though.
  • Options
    RandC/Get in quick as the tickets can go quickly and the price shoots up alarmingly
  • Options
    Kimbo/For advanced train travel you can generally start looking ten weeks before the game, is much much cheaper generally than a couple of weeks before the game
  • Options
    I'm braving the train for the first time to this one with Sir Don & Simon. Missed out on the £16 outward ticket but managed to get the £16 homeward. Total of £39 so not bad, I guess.

What time are you guys leaving Euston ?
  • Options
    FF/Could have been a lot worse
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how do you find this deal i can't find it anywhere?
  • Options
    I'm just looking into trains to oldham....but there doesnt appear to be a station anywhere near the ground? Does anyone know what the best bet for getting there is?
  • Options
    CAFCC/Go on to the virgin trains site
  • Options
    A4L/You have to go to Manchester Piccadilly. They do not have a train station due to , I believe, an extension to their tram link. You have to get a bus, about 4 an hour, that takes 30 minutes. Sounds aggro but I assure you no problem as long as you give yourself an hour to get their from Piccadilly station.
  • Options
    Cheers Elfs, and which train line do I want to be using to get cheapest price to Oldham, preston? Sorry for all the questions!
  • Options
    im from gravesend quotes me £110 return still not that bad i guess, flights are cheaper at £70 mind you.
  • Options
    A4L/Both are on virgin trains, but Preston will not be out for another week or so.
  • Options
    CAFCC/Would be quicker as well I imagine
  • Options
    im from gravesend quotes me £110 return still not that bad i guess, flights are cheaper at £70 mind you.
    If you are getting really high prices then check the train prices for Euston to Carlisle or Manchester for whatever game you are considering. I was getting silly quotes to Huddersfield the other day but cheap to Leeds and then a cheap single over from Leeds.
  • Options
    But where would you fly to?