Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why do women

2»

Comments

• Options
    My Missus is always buying things for me to file my stuff away in. Shoe tidy, file boxes, cd cases, one of those man handbags (unused) etc.
    I have never been allowed to care for my own passport after one unfortunate year when we turned up at the airport and ended up missing the plane.
    Tch. One little mistake equals years of grief. Very unforgiving my Missus.
  • Options
    Len....It's because there's a place for everything and everything should be in its place .Then all concerned would know where to find "it".

However, men ( on the whole) don't seem to understand that logic.

It's the same when I go shopping with hubby ( very rare) I go into a shop, he says " I'll wait here" and he's NEVER still there when I come out ! Cue another discussion about why he never listens.....He'll argue it's because he's colour blind !
  • Options
    Surprised at you, Len! Not just a woman thing - we are still hunting for our chequebook which hubby has put away in the wrong place...
  • Options
    @fanny

However, men ( on the whole) don't seem to understand that logic.

You're kidding right ?
  • Options
    Also be warned: never let 'em have the key to the garage, shed or workshop. They can wreak havoc!!
  • Options
    Why also do they move all the furniture around.My Mum,when her sister visited,did it to my Dads extreme annoyance.Mine is a complete pain after her sister has visited,wanting this that and the other and moving the friggin furniture about....WHY??? Plus it is also done when I finish work in the early hours and try to creep in to the house quietly so as not to wake her or the kids and finish up taking a header over a sofa or breaking a shin on a coffee table!
  • Options
    Perhaps it's a question of who does the housework and / or works less because it works around the other way in my house. I'm always putting things back in their place and my wife throws them all back on the floor!
  • Options
    jimmymelrose said
    Perhaps it's a question of who does the housework and / or works less because it works around the other way in my house. I'm always putting things back in their place and my wife throws them all back on the floor!
    Have you tried politely asking her to put stuff back where she found it because the floor is getting full up?

Just a thought.
  • Options
    We are moving house on Monday. Everything apart from the cats is being boxed up.

So we come to the garage arrangement - we are moving to a house with a garage. She wants to sort it all out before we go. Our garage has never been sorted out for more than a day or two before it becomes cluttered up etc.

I think its a complete waste of our precious time sorting out a pile of crap in one place where I know the screwdriver is there somewhere, so that we can take it to the new place where it will quickly become another pile of crap and I'll know the screwdriver is still in there somewhere!

So we argue - she throws in all the other things about me that she doesn't like - and then with a theatrical exit, storms off up to bed with the immortal line "still whatever I say you'll do your usual - completely ignore me"!

We've been married now for 27 years! Ho hum.

Still love her though....:-)
  • Options
    So you ignored her, Bing - as usual?

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was so pissed off after arguing with my wife last night.

When she went to bed, I sneaked into the kitchen and tightened every jar and bottle in the cupboard.
  • Options
    Hahahahaha

Seriously, Wickford?

Noooooo?
  • Options
    Yes Oggy - I cocked a deaf'un!

I'm now getting the "how dare you post on trivial matters when we've got some serious packing to do" evil stare....:o)

Love her to death!
  • Options
    Hahahahaha

Seriously, Wickford?

Noooooo?
    I Have a Uncle & Aunt who live in Wickford, I With you. hahahahahahah
  • Options
    My wife has "tidied up" the paperwork that I needed to process/sort out and now my car tax renewal notice is missing. " I put it in the cupboard" says the love of my life. 24 hours later I still haven't found it. Don't you just love 'em. By the way her protestation that I was shouting was suprisingly accurate.
  • Options
    Are you looking properly or just opening the cupboard and expecting it to jump out at you? You might have to lift things up or move them to the side.

men are crap at 'looking'. FACT.
  • Options
    We wouldn't need to look if you just left stuff where we put it.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Oh I don't clear anything up or put anything away. My husband picks everything up off the floor where I leave it and puts it away and I have to find it. I can find it as I know how to look.
  • Options
    I know this is mainly a tread about tidying, but does anyone else recognise this.

Something bad happens and you are not sure why, but you know it will be your fault?! Let's say the dog jumps onto the table and eats the Sunday roast - your first thought is "damn dog" and your second one is "I bet somkehow t is my fault that the dog acts like dogs do"! Sure enough it was your fault - out of all the people that could've closed the door, it is your fault the door was open.
  • Options
    Suzi, I suspect it's because he puts them in the obvious place where they can be found! My wife (like many others on here) puts them in unlikely places where only she knows.
    Saga is spot on and another one is if I put washing out she will invariably come after me and rearrange it. Why???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why also do they move all the furniture around.My Mum,when her sister visited,did it to my Dads extreme annoyance.Mine is a complete pain after her sister has visited,wanting this that and the other and moving the friggin furniture about....WHY??? Plus it is also done when I finish work in the early hours and try to creep in to the house quietly so as not to wake her or the kids and finish up taking a header over a sofa or breaking a shin on a coffee table!
    Now this I do sympathise with. My parents had an extension about 15 years ago and made the lounge really long and thin. Now twice a year the room has to be moved around so that the dining table is 'near the window or near the ceiling light' depending on the time of year. It almost kills my poor old Dad whose responbility it is to move the room around according to Her instructions.
  • Options
    Are you looking properly or just opening the cupboard and expecting it to jump out at you? You might have to lift things up or move them to the side.

LOL Of course I didn't look properly Suzie. I got the wife to look for it as she had put it in there (apparently) This morning I had the lot all over the floor and still it has not appeared. I have managed to tax the car using the V5 now though. I did find three other things which I had left out to remind me to use them. All out of date now of course because of "wifely tidying" (shakes head and mutters)