Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal fan @ work

Is just telling me that they are down for 14 consecutive games live on the telly (on one channel or another).

The last game they played that wasn't televised was against .................??? (go on - take a wild guess!)

Comments

• Options
    US lol
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Correct-a-mundo!!!

I don't know what I'm more annoyed about. The fact that virtually all of their games are on the telly (so even more dosh for them), the fact that their game against us wasn't when all of the others are (so less dosh for us), or the fact that the tosser opposite me comes out with it in some smug bastard matter of fact way - whilst telling me who they've got in the next round of the cup.

Actually, it's no contest - it's the third of those options by a mile. When is he going to realise that I just do not give a flying about his club???
  • Options
    This article gives a great summary of what it is to be an 'Arsenal supporter'. Cant stand them.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8751_1921559,00.html
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    The tw@t is now going on about how their game on saturday was "terrible".

Chuffing clueless!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I'm guessing he doesn't go from your comments. I cannot stand Arsenal fans, mostly because the extent of their support is wearing their shirt down to my local to watch another of their games on sky. And the minute the game ends, they all get up and leave.
  • Options
    I overheard a conversation between an arsenal fan, who doesn't go, and a villa fan, who goes once a season, and the arsenal fan asked me first if we mathematically were relegated and then asked the villa fan if they were in european position yet, as they are a big club, up there with arsenal, everton, chelsea and man u (his exact words) even the villa fan looked at me as if to say "is he serious?"

I mean, really!!!!
  • Options
    Yep with you on that about all watching down the local then leaving most boring set of supporters ever.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I'm guessing he doesn't go from your comments. I cannot stand Arsenal fans, mostly because the extent of their support is wearing their shirt down to my local to watch another of their games on sky. And the minute the game ends, they all get up and leave.

That's the thing - he's actually got a season ticket and has had it for a few years. To put it into context he was going on - at lenght - about the terrible season they were having. (!) He comes out with the most arrogant and obnoxious statements - albeit that I honestly don't think he means it. He's just clueless about the way real football is too 95% of people in the country. TW@T!!!
  • Options
    Another one has just turned up to talk to the one opposite me. He's going on about how the draw means they have "booked our place in the semi finals" - I kid you not. The absolute dildo.
  • Options
    a few in my office have just flown to Amsterdam about an hour ago to stay there and go to the PSV game.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i feel like im really getting to know the arsenal fan in Off_Its office.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i feel like im really getting to know the arsenal fan in Off_Its office.

It must be the bloke form the Fast Show that John Thompson based his character on!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i feel like im really getting to know the arsenal fan in Off_Its office.

You're welcome to him. I'm a reasonable bloke - but that tosspot really does my head in!!!
  • Options
    Off_it, have you asked your office Gooner if he watched 'THE GAME' last night LOL !

If you missed it I can sum it up for you as I watched it, typical Arsenal away from home, lots of pretty passing no end product.
  • Options
    Luckilly I am working form home today. I've had plenty of (work related) emails from the tw@t - basically getting stuff wrong and needing constant correction - so I might drop that into my next reply. Cheers!
  • Options
    Martin Samuels on 'the Arsenal' at the weekend

Wenger’s regard for lesser teams was demonstrated on Saturday when Blackburn earned a hard-fought if unappealing draw at the Emirates Stadium in the FA Cup fifth round. Did Wenger congratulate Mark Hughes, the Blackburn manager, that with a fraction of Arsenal’s resources and some of his best players missing, against a team with some of the finest technical footballers in the world, he had conjured a stifling stalemate and reduced Arsenal to a handful of attempts on goal? No, he called for replays to be abolished because they interfered with his Champions League schedule, not to mention Arsenal’s bold and fascinating assault on third place.
  • Options
    That fella looks like a fat bear - but that is quite funny all the same!
  • Options
    My mother in law (Gooner) asked my daughter (5yrs old) who she supported

"Charlton" she replied
    "Why?"
    "Cos its Daddy's team"
    "You dont HAVE to support them just cos Daddy does you know. You could choose someone good if you wanted to."

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. She was close to wearing a Tiramisu!!!
  • Options
    I hope you spat in it at the very least!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]My mother in law (Gooner) asked my daughter (5yrs old) who she supported

"Charlton" she replied
    "Why?"
    "Cos its Daddy's team"
    "You dont HAVE to support them just cos Daddy does you know. You could choose someone good if you wanted to."

That reminds me of talking to a cousin at my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary.

10 year old cousin: Who do you support?
    Me: Charlton
    Cousin: (tuts) That's only because your dad supports them.
    Me: I know, who do you support?
    Cousin: Arsenal.
    Me: That's only because your dad doesn't like football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Further gripes:
    1. At Arsenal this season I must have seen at least 10 of their fans taking pictures of the stadium

2. The whole carriage on the train back to Bexley seemed to be full of them and their boring conversations such as how they feel sorry for Charlton and all that crap.

But this made me feel better:
    The kid opposite me on the train kept moaning to his Dad 'how much further dad?' etc. Finally, just before I got off I said to him 'should support a team a bit nearer home, eh?' The kid looked bemused, the dad smiled awkwardly. 1-0.

I
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]My mother in law (Gooner) asked my daughter (5yrs old) who she supported

"Charlton" she replied
    "Why?"
    "Cos its Daddy's team"

Id never talk to her again thats bang out of order that is!
    was she doing it in a jokey manner or seriously? if the latter then it warrents a throat chop!
    my mother in law gives me occasional digs and i don't find it at all amusing. i don't walk in their house and tell her all her favourite things are crap! They don't realise how much this 'charlton stuff' means do they?!