Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Duplicate names

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Is it right that someone is allowed to post bollocks under the same name as you?

I mean Addickted got an impostor as addicted but he's not offensive so you accept it but must be a bit irritating.

But when Addickteds son live by the sword gets another by exactly same name with completely different views and extremes... got to be a choker.

Look forward to the next curb it. X

Comments

• Options
    Apparently there's someone on a Crewe forum with the same name as me.

Bastard.
  • Options
    It's not possible to have the same username as another member: look closely and you have Live by the Sword and Live_by_the_Sword

It's not always possible to police that when it could be months or years between posters choosing particular names. In the past when this has occurred, one party or the other has made a change.
  • Options
    Yeah - get rid of superclive - there's only one supaclive! :-)
  • Options
    I recall someone trying to register 'The Conversative Party' for an election but that got stopped. It does help if Lifers have a picture alongside their name to distinguish them.
  • Options
    True a picture is a good idea. I look nothing like my picture.

Lookout - Im always careful to distinguish betweeen superclive and supa - Addickted addicted etc... but this live by the sword one slipped through... until he just got too weird yesterday.

When you assign membership can you not say - come back with another name? TCE had to change his name when he had been The Covered End for a long time. suppose its just more hassle.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hey, im not too bad??

Plus I had no idea that there was already someone with a similar name!
  • Options
    Yeah, that jerk 'Powell Is Polite' needs to change his name.

Incidentally, I DO look like my picture.
  • Options
    Hey, im not too bad??

Plus I had no idea that there was already someone with a similar name!
    You certainly confused me as your posts were so intelligent and interesting.

I was bewildered until I realised it wasn't Addickted but someone else

: - )
  • Options
    Stop flirting with me Henry
  • Options
    I look like someone else's picture
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about two_sheds and twosheds............now that's one to watch out for!!
  • Options
    I look exactly like my picture
  • Options
    No-one will copy me I think I am safe and I certainly look nothing like my picture but I wish my pokers hands did.
  • Options
    As those who met me on saturday can confirm, I look exactly like my picture..............
  • Options
    be boring and then nobody wants to pretend to be you
  • Options
    True a picture is a good idea. I look nothing like my picture.

Oh I dunno ...........
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    There's only 1StevieG..............
  • Options
    You sunk my battleship