Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pure speculation and wishful thinking of course.

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
But I'm wondering if Zabeel are watching our current success with some added interest?

Comments

• Options
    I don't think you're the only person to have speculated on this.

One of my theorys as well
  • Options
    Who says they are not already? ;-)
  • Options
    All the time that we don't actually know where 'the money' is, it's always going to cause speculation. I have retained a thought that there could be an Arab influence somewhere, in any event there is certainly a clever influence wherever it is coming from. You only have to look at the people who are now involved to know that. I have a feeling that getting out of League One might be not only the first step, but also the hardest step. We shall see.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Must say I don't think that they have any investment in at present.......... though anything is possible I suppose.
  • Options
    The investers aren't arabs
  • Options
    Dubai are still well over geared anyway for a country with no oil. It may not be in the near future but at some stage that country will fall to pieces big style...so no thanks.
  • Options
    Swiss investors.
  • Options
    Swiss investors.
    What? Harry's dog??? ;-)
  • Options
    Swiss investors.
    What? Harry's dog??? ;-)
    Thought that was in Monaco
  • Options
    Swiss investors.
    What? Harry's dog??? ;-)
    Thought that was in Monaco
    You thought the other dog wasn't sent off to open another account elsewhere?!? ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swiss?

"Running a successful football club, Chris, is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You struggle to get on top, and then you stay there come hell or high water until it's over."
  • Options
    There's some serious money behind us and I think we'll see that even more when we go up.
  • Options
    Dubai are still well over geared anyway for a country with no oil. It may not be in the near future but at some stage that country will fall to pieces big style...so no thanks.
    Yes, Dubai is still recovering from the massive collapse in world property prices in 2008 but the economy here is picking up quite nicely thanks to tourism & the huge Jebal Ali port. GDP for 2011 grew by around 4% & inflation is very low at 1%. But you can't look at Dubai in isolation as it is part of the UAE - and there is no shortage of oil or cash in Abu Dhabi.

Zabeel Investments would have been a private rather than a government investment. It would have been amazing, but it didn't happen. And we're not doing too badly at the moment.