Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Found in an old box

Where did i get it from?

Comments

• seem to remember something like that being on the back page of the Mercury. An artists impression of what at the time was to be the finished Valley.
  • A uncovered East Stand. Who idea was that?
  • From the thread's title I thought this was going to be an old Britt Ekland joke.
  • Loving the palm trees in the car park
  • I'm liking the 4 side windows on the Ambulance, but someone's nicked the rear wheels off it.

Flood light provision is interesting.

The ''super''store is looking great, glad they cleaned up the roof.
    And no potholes, it would seem

And no potholes, it would seem

There where palm trees in the cark park, they got taken out, as a result the pot holes came into being.
  • March51- Love it. LOL. Thats why I love this site
  • I've got a print of that in my loft.
  • Sponsored links:

• Re the title.... Unfortunatley I have been once or twice.
  • Valiant House looks a bit lopsided.
  • I remember this coming out, in the early 90s I think. At the time I was really impressed and excited, which tells you how bad the ground was then.
  • A uncovered East Stand. Who idea was that?
    I recall talking to the planning bloke from Greenwich as we were pushing to get back to the Valley, he was adamant that we could never build on that side due to the sewer running beneath it.
    I didn't believe him then and I believe him even less now.
  • I remember that stuff about the sewer - just shows that there is always a way.
  • I've got a print as well. Think it was from the club shop at selhurst, used to be loads of old shoite in a plastic tray on the counter. I will bet money that's where you it it!!!
  • Underground bowling alleys as we !!! :)
  • Ahhhhh... That could be it (box in shop). The old man took me over there a couple of times. Might have been circa these photis i found in same box
  • edited January 2012
    March 51? How long has that 70s style flat block been there then?

Brilliant. Like the way you can drive straight in and onto the pitch...
  • Sponsored links:

• And me peeking over wall

Wonder how many lifers stood there to take a look ;)
  • Programme from first game (nicely contrasting with artists imagination)
  • That proposed Valley is still better than either The Den or SP now.
  • edited January 2012
    That pic of the overgrown Valley is distressing.

Humility is required at times. I may have sneered ever so slightly at Hartlepools old ground a few months ago, how short memories can be. Bump!
  • Valiant House looks a bit lopsided.
    Where's your flat gone?
  • Nothing to do with the Valley but I once found a condom that wasn't mine.
  • Nothing to do with the Valley but I once found a condom that wasn't mine.
    Was it your wife's? :-)

• lol no mate, luckily for her. I could tell you but it would undo years of therapy.
  • edited January 2012
    Aha, my copy has just turned up! The picture is featured on the front cover of 'We Shall Not Be Moved', a souvenir publicatin to celebrate our retun to the Valley and edited by Steve Dixon. It is repeated on the inside back cover in an advert for The Woolwich.