Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boris on the move?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    edited August 2012

He has blighted the lives and house prices of hundreds of thousands of people on both sides of the Thames Estuary with his Boris island Airport push. He is using this to gain votes from the West of London. The Thames estuary is solid Tory and he does not give a jot about them in his quest for power. He has now got on board his chums from the Bullingdon club Cameron and Osborne. I hate these power-obsessed, born-to-rule public schoolboys that have infested our politics.

The need for a new airport or expansion seems a valid one; so where would you build it? Never going to please anyone is it.
    Expanding an already blighted area would seem the sensible option to me.

Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted have scope for development or alternatively expand Manston which in turn could regenerate East Kent which is deprived with mass unemployment.

• Options
    The need for a new airport or expansion seems a valid one; so where would you build it? Never going to please anyone is it.

So you would build it on a low lying area of land that is prone to flooding and fog?

And spend billions of public money doing it?

The idea is a complete non-starter, it's telling that since Boris had this brainwave that he's done nothing to kick it forward.
  • Options
    Build it here.
  • Options
    As for Boris being stuck on a zip-wire - someone should set up a rotten fruit stall or even better, just leave him there.
  • Options
    Looks worryingly like our away support at the den next year...
  • Options
    BORIS! BORIS! BORIS!
  • Options

So you would build it on a low lying area of land that is prone to flooding and fog?

And spend billions of public money doing it?

The idea is a complete non-starter, it's telling that since Boris had this brainwave that he's done nothing to kick it forward.

Where did I say I'd build it there? I don't know where the best place to build it is, not a aviation or transport infrastructure expert. You'd think that expansion of a current airport would be better though providing the surrounding infrastructure can cope with the extra demand or can be easily upgraded.
  • Options
    Once High Speed 2 is built (which will be a while, I admit), it will be quicker to get to Brimingham International from teh centre of London than Stanstead. Maybe that could be expanded.

Gatwick can't be expanded fro 20 years or so.

Heathrow can't be expanded by the current Govt.

The Kent site is an absolute pipe dream., won't happen. I doubt very much that house prices are being depressed by the possibility, the project is too uncertain and too far away for that.
  • Options
    Heathrow will be extended - BAA already own a lot of land around the airfield, including half the village of Sipson and only shelved the plans to build a third runway because the Lib-Dems didn't like it and a couple of Tory MPs with constituencies in the area threatened a revolt. Give it a few years and the plans will be brushed off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My name is BJ - do you like it ?

He is a skilled politician but for some reason feels he needs to play the buffoon. I think it's because he's an elitist who is basically contemptuous of the hoi-polloi and considers everything a joke for his own personal amusement.

Sure he got elected twice. So did George W. No wonder the twat's laughing.

The Mayor of London ? The 'Mare of London more like.
  • Options
    Don't see the problem with him, like having him as a figure head for our city. Much rather have someone interesting over a standard grey suit. Its not as if hes the one in the office doing the sums
  • Options
    Certainly a personality. However for me the heart palpitations he causes the Red Wedge on here is value indeed... Go Boris !
  • Options

I will however be voting Ken for Mayor.

He surely won't have the cheek to run again will he?

About time someone half decent stood for London Mayor and not that scumbag.

Strong, unpleasant word. Care to expand?
  • Options
    edited August 2012

His anti semitism perhaps?

http://www.workersliberty.org/story/2012/03/28/ken-livingstone-and-anti-semitism
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imOt19j8K4U

knew it reminded me of somthing. 2.20 into the clip.. classic.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    LenGlover said:

His genocide of the Grammar School system in London when he was head of the GLC Politburo in the 80's (sorry I went to Roan and am still smarting..)
  • Options
  • Options

LenGlover said:

His genocide of the Grammar School system in London when he was head of the GLC Politburo in the 80's (sorry I went to Roan and am still smarting..)
    You can blame Ken for a lot of things, but not the abolition of the grammar school system. The decision by ILEA to abolish grammar schools in inner London was made in 1975 under the chairmanship of Ashley Bramall. Livingstone wasn't even a member of ILEA.

• Options
    Jints said:

LenGlover said:

You can blame Ken for a lot of things, but not the abolition of the grammar school system. The decision by ILEA to abolish grammar schools in inner London was made in 1975 under the chairmanship of Ashley Bramall. Livingstone wasn't even a member of ILEA.

Yeh he really stuck up for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boris wants to expand airports, why not build it over Henley? Does he know anybody who lives there?
  • Options
    Jints said:

LenGlover said:

Have to agree with this. Livingstone certainly lost his mojo for the last Mayoral election (although it was still pretty close with Johnson) but wasn't in the ILEA decision making set up when schools were being changed.
    Didn't I read somewhere that Thatcher closed more Grammar schools than anybody? I went to Brockley County and it was a miserable chitehole anyway, where wannabe Flashman older kids were given licence to bully and cane the younger smaller kids, no loss that place being abolished in my view.

• Options

Yes its all thosepublic school boys fault not the 13 years of coal miners running the country ooooooooooo sorry they arnt coal miners they all went to Oxford and cambridge

Go on Boris --love the guy for making the left puke.

This.

Still think its crazy half the people on here get their knickers in a twist at the fact most of our politicians come from a couple of the best universities in the world. I'd be alarmed if they all came from K College.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    seth plum said:

Jints said:

LenGlover said:

Have to agree with this. Livingstone certainly lost his mojo for the last Mayoral election (although it was still pretty close with Johnson) but wasn't in the ILEA decision making set up when schools were being changed.
    Didn't I read somewhere that Thatcher closed more Grammar schools than anybody? I went to Brockley County and it was a miserable chitehole anyway, where wannabe Flashman older kids were given licence to bully and cane the younger smaller kids, no loss that place being abolished in my view.

You should write a book, sounds good
  • Options
    Blimey seth.....how long ago was that?
  • Options
    Curious that you want to stick the knife into KL for apparently abolishing the ILEA system and other stuff, but it was Margaret Thatcher who did more damage to London.
  • Options

Yes its all thosepublic school boys fault not the 13 years of coal miners running the country ooooooooooo sorry they arnt coal miners they all went to Oxford and cambridge

Go on Boris --love the guy for making the left puke.

This.

Still think its crazy half the people on here get their knickers in a twist at the fact most of our politicians come from a couple of the best universities in the world. I'd be alarmed if they all came from K College.
    I've got to say after two years of rampant success under Prime Minister Dave and his public school chums you have a point. The way they've led us out of recession, brought unemployment down and driven the economy forward has been miraculous.

On the other hand perhaps it's best not to give the job to a bunch of wet behind the ears but ambitious Tory Boys who've never done a day's work* in their lives.

* - this ignores the summer hols job that Gideon had folding towels at Selfridges.
  • Options
    You should write a book, sounds good

And you and goonerhater can have many hours fun colouring it in.
  • Options
    Ahh the old labour public school argument....

Love it when they resort to that

It will be the John Prescott (Thai bride) class system next...
  • Options
    Pathetic - always the same people, with the same tired old arguements.