Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Albert Lindon... Was he shafted by Charlton?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Linden is a decent sort. His misfortune is to have been the right man but at the wrong time (whatever that means). Besides which, promoting the number two to the top job never works, as I confidently predict CAFC history will prove in about75 years or so.

(Well done to Charley Varrick for joining in the spirit of this. CL at its best).
  • Options
    Only another World War could stop this happening....and since we've already had the war to end all wars that's hardly likely is it.
    Very good Harry
  • Options
    Now they have moved the FA Cup final to that new Empire Stadium, I really fancy a trip there. Apparently it's got plenty of seats for those who don't want to stand all game. Not convinced Seed is the man to get us there though
  • Options
    I say get rid of Seed and bring in mr South...
    Who knows they might even name a stand after him?
  • Options
    Should never have got rid of Seth Plum.

• Options
    I say get rid of Seed and bring in mr South...
    Who knows they might even name a stand after him?
    Can't do that as Mr. Stand has all four named after him.What a guy he was, but somehow slipped under the radar.
  • Options
    I see Acworth has been at it again - recommending a non-league player by the name of Bartram.
    Ten years ago I would have given Bexley Dan a run for his money, but not nowadays.
  • Options
    "The Bexley Dan" stand..........has a certain ring to it.
  • Options
    Mr Stand took all the credit for sorting out The Valley, those in the know realise that the real movers and shakers were

Cover Den
    Wes Tand
    Big Side
    Olly (O)Penend

They all drink in the Whig club before the game. Mr Stand keeps out of there!
  • Options
    Oh I don't know.

Lindon was a player and became player manager when Macfarlane left but still stayed on as a player when Macfarlane came back.

My gripe is no shelter when it rains at games. They're so busy shuttling grounds between Charlton and Catford! Why don't they just stay in Charlton and build a shed at the North End where all our supporters stand? They could call it the Covered End.

My old girl spent an hour at the mangle getting the water out of my clothes after the last match and then soaked them all again on Monday wash day! Anyway enough of this: I'm off for a shag, so much more pleasurable than a woodbine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i despair at this current bored. i really do. i know we are a league below, but you give lindon several thousand! yes thousand! to spend on some duffer defenders. then only give your new 'messiah' a couple of hundred. There's no point being cautious now.
    I'm getting sick and tired of having to put up with those lumbering clay-headed buffoons from the den because they are a league above us. we will get there, but under this lot i have my doubts. still, Up the addicks.

• Options
    LenGlover
    My old girl spent an hour at the mangle getting the water out of my clothes after the last match
    . Please stop boasting. There are people oop north in Sheffield who can only dream of one day getting a mangle.
  • Options
    You were lucky to have a mangle. We had to burn clothes on t'fire to dry them.
  • Options
    Fire ! We were so poor we had to burn our mangle to keep warm.
  • Options
    This board are bl ***y hopeless.
    What next?
    Maybe these buffoons will suggest we all sit on seats at matches or sell food in the ground or some other d**n silly idea.
    In years to come people will call it Charlton's lowest point and say Bart Ram?Who did he play for?