Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATT TUBBS....

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm shocked that this has happened as will most Crawley fans be but at the end of the day, it's the lure of playing for your home town club! He had a great record at Crawley 49 goals in 64 games for a striker that cost £55k is a pretty good return.
    Crawley have Sanchez Watt on loan for the season but I thought he was more of a wide player than a striker/goalscorer
    It's rumoured round these parts to be a bid of about £800k so pretty hard to turn that down
  • Options
    Mate of mine explained that Tubbs was let go twice as a kid so all a bit painful having to shell out for him now but they do seem to have found some cash down the back of the sofa, probably in an envelop marked "Wiggins".

After all that's gone on I really hope that they are not pursuing a promotion or bust policy and that this Russian geezers the real deal as I don't think they'd survive another round of administration, etc.
  • Options
    I think Tubbs might be the missing link for Bournemouth, they're not far away from the playoffs
  • Options
    Paid way over the odds for him. Will be amazed if he makes an impact at this level.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be Clem, I've watched him at least 15 times and he def stands out in both the conference and L2
    He has a bit more than just a poacher to his game and wish him good luck except against us!
  • Options
    More than capable striker at this level imo, what happened to the other lad they had upfront, I think he was called brodie or something is he still there I remember them paying a fair few quid for a conference outfit for him
  • Options
    He's a great signing for an upwardly mobile club. Start of the season I fancied B'mouth for relegation, best players sold, Howe gone and in a financial mess. The Russian takeover has stabilised the club and I now fancy them for a play off spot. I reckon Tubbs is going for a very good salary as goalscorers are at an absolute premium and he is a natural; confident, cocky, a new Owen/Greaves type. I wonder how Crawley will cope without Tubbs... Brodie another prolific non league striker who they got from York and is on loan at Fleetwood might well be recalled.
    there he is NLA

• Options
    Sorry mate I didn't read the posts first, how is he doing at fleetwood, I thought he looked real Sharp the few times I watched them on the box
  • Options
    How many of his goals this season have been penalties?
  • Options
    Sorry mate I didn't read the posts first, how is he doing at fleetwood, I thought he looked real Sharp the few times I watched them on the box
    he has been on the bench for most of the season .. Fleetwood are going like a train in the conference, neck & neck with Wrexham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many of his goals this season have been penalties?
    About 6 or 7 I reckon!
  • Options
    Theres a bit more to the story than missing home apparently
    He was always in the bookies and the pub
  • Options
    Tsk...Another one we've missed out on. Sort it out Powelly
  • Options
    Theres a bit more to the story than missing home apparently
    He was always in the bookies and the pub
    a real pro footballer then .... straight from central casting
  • Options
    Bournemouth is his home town club, so I'm sure that had a big say and Bournemouth are a club on the up.
    This. The lad is going home. And an ambition realised to play for the club he supported as a boy.

It's also a sensible move for him - after only half a season as a Division 2 player, he's stepped up one more division after previously playing non-league all his career.

He'll no doubt be on a pay rise too, but he's not been too greedy or overambitious by demanding a Championship club before he's ready.

He supported Spurs?
  • Options
    More than capable striker at this level imo, what happened to the other lad they had upfront, I think he was called brodie or something is he still there I remember them paying a fair few quid for a conference outfit for him
    Is he Championship standard though? If not, that's a lot of money to shell out a striker to get you out of League 1.
  • Options
    Also, wiki says he was born in Salisbury?
  • Options
    Not sure tbh but if he gets them into a playoff spot and up then he could be worth a punt
  • Options
    I think Tubbs might be the missing link for Bournemouth, they're not far away from the playoffs

Glad they've got Tubbs .... all they need now is Crockett!

• Options
    ..... For our younger Charlton Lifers they were in a TV series called Miami Vice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also, wiki says he was born in Salisbury?
    Comes from Verwood near Ringwood I think.
  • Options
    ..... For our younger Charlton Lifers they were in a TV series called Miami Vice.
    I bought a 'Crocket' lookalike fake Armani suit from Next catalogue in 1988, when i was 17, to wear to clubs, with the compulsory white t-shirt. At the time I thought I looked the dogs bollocks. Looking back i just looked bollocks!!
  • Options
    Scored for Bournemouth tonight!
  • Options
    Goal and assist on debut tonight... not bad for a rubbish L2 player
  • Options
    Crawley did all right without Tubbs tonight - won 4-2 and back on top of Div 2
  • Options
    I was at the game tonight and he did okay but nothing special tbh. His goal was an umarked tap in from a yard out which any of us would be disappointed not to put away so lets not get carried away. His movements quite good and he perked up after his goal but I expect Morro and Taylor to have him in their pocket comfortably.