Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rhodes off to Norwich

2»

Comments

• Norwich look likely to stay up, he originally began at Ipswich I believe so could be from around that area......good move for him (and others in L1)
    born in Oldham

Good ol scottish town that..............................
  • edited January 2012
    although i don't agree with it, it's where you go to school that can qualify your national team.

bit like Zaha at Palace and i believe Victor Moses aswell, refered to as young english players but were born in africa.

• this might have some legs, Hudders have apparently offered 750k for sean scannell of palace. Like for like replacement?
  • Would be suicide for Huddersfield to let him go now. But every player has their price.

Good place for him to end up aswell to be honest. Lambert has brought in some very decent players.
  • Rhodes could be a relacement for Grant Holt who may be on his way to Glasgow Rangers
  • Norwich look likely to stay up, he originally began at Ipswich I believe so could be from around that area......good move for him (and others in L1)
    born in Oldham

Good ol scottish town that..............................
    His dad is the ex oldham keeper andy rhodes, but how that qualifies him to be scottish i dont know

• I can't see it - He is on a long contract, financially they are stable and they lose him they are less likely to go up which has to be a realistic objective for them and not doing so would have massive financial implications. Maybe they are bidding for Scannel to strengthen, rather than replace.
  • Potentially Darren Bents replacement if he moves to Liverpool (source:BBC)
  • although i don't agree with it, it's where you go to school that can qualify your national team.

bit like Zaha at Palace and i believe Victor Moses aswell, refered to as young english players but were born in africa.

I don't think that's right - Ryan Giggs played for England Schools but was/is never qualified to play for England, as he was born in Wales to Welsh parents. You qualify by your country of birth, plus parents'/grandparents' & can also qualify via long-term residency (hence Arteta could play for England I think).
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2012
    Didn't Giggs say that he couldn't play for England in an interview, as his parents were Welsh and he was born in Wales. He played for England Schoolboys as he was a schoolboy in England and a Japonese player could have been eligible to play for England schoolboys if he was at school here. Having said that, surely if he wanted to play for England he could have done it on residency, which being Welsh, you can understand him not wanting to do.

Presumably, it is easier to play for England if you come from a country like Africa if you have a British passport ass Zaha and Moses probably have. I think you can chose which of the home countries you represent in that case.
  • Giggs had a choice between England and Wales and chose Wales. Which is why they all love him there.
  • That's a myth, he could never play for England.
  • I'm praying he goes!!! The guy is a bloody goal machine

Just pray that we keep playing the way we have been, then he can be any kind of machine he likes.
  • Giggs had a choice between England and Wales and chose Wales. Which is why they all love him there.
    Except for his brother.
  • Didn't John Robinson represent Wales because he was born in Zimabwe and thus his British passport had no link to any particular home country giving him the choice?
  • Just watched Sky News sports and they were just talking about Rhodes.. they said everyone in Huddersfiedl are saying Rhodes is going nowhere and only club alledged to come in for him is Norwich according to sky bet but the guy on there said himself they would be mad to sell him and think they would hold on to him. If not then it will then Sheff Utd and Weds will be able to fight it out to go up with Charlton....
  • Sheff Utd and Weds will be able to fight it out to go up with Charlton....
    Surely that should be Charlton and Utd to fight it out with Wednesday, on account of them spending a MASSIVE £6m this transfer window?

• Sponsored links:

• oh yes of course... they had £16 million to spend on players.. remind me who they bought in this transfer window??
  • interesting that Huddersfield have put in a bid for scannell from palace and now hagve signed murray wallace? Have they had a bid accepted by Norwich after all but asked them to keep it quiet......
  • edited January 2012
    That's a myth, he could never play for England.

Not true, I remember my mate a school having pictures of giggs in a England kit playing at school boy level

EDIT: sorry, didnt see your link to the image.

So if he played for the school boys, how comes he couldnt play for the full team ?