Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Wright-Phillips?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nathan please tell me you are on some sort of twisted wind up
    From where I was he seemed to have a good game, that is all...thing called opinions you know
  • Options
    Didn't think Clarke was awful, seen strikers have better games but the keeper made two good saves from him. Think he is better than Hayes IMO
  • Options
    but quicker than bwp!
  • Options
    Hayes is better than Clarke.
  • Options
    I agree
  • Options
    BWP showed what we missed today but maybe if Haynes had started we wouldn't have missed him as much.

Watching Clarke and Doc in a 100m race would be an experience.
  • Options
    I agree
    I Disagree!
  • Options
    don't think Clarke was as bad as some make out. Made the keeper make a good save and created another couple of chances. However as soon as I heard the line up I would have preferred Haynes pace alongside Kermy and that proved the better combo. Make no mistake though when we go up we need another decent striker.
  • Options
    I would have expected "like for like" replacement - for me Clarke is too similar to Yann - would have expected to see Haynes for BWP both speed merchants and this would bring a good balance - any two from the two pairs up front at a time but not the pair together (Yann and Clarke or BWP and Haynes) Dunno why SCP have played it like this...
  • Options
    Also to be fair if Clarke bagged the chance (that was saved) he may play better and take more risks - seem that he chose the safety option more as the game went on... Someone said that he was a confidence player - I agree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clarke had a decent first half, but his decision making, touch and passing was terrible in the second half, and I thought Haynes should have come on after 65 minutes. Green also had a bad game, even the one good shot he had would have been better if he passed to Solly on the overlap, but we managed to scrape the draw in the end.

We missed BWP today, simply being on the pitch draws at least 1, usually 2 defenders away from people like Jackson and Kermorgant, Jackson just didn't get time and space on the ball today and he doesn't have the pace to create space for himself. Hope to see BWP back in the starting lineup on Saturday, and a goal from a striker wouldn't go amiss
  • Options
    It's almost like Powell reads these boards. 'Lazy?? Rubbish?? Doesn't do enough for the team?? Right, I'll show you what a real crap striker's performance looks like you ungrateful little sods.'
  • Options
    I'd like to think that tonights "rest" was Powells way of showing him that no-one is certain of his place and may just be the kick-start for him to go out and grab a goal or two on saturday..............
  • Options
    I'd like to think that tonights "rest" was Powells way of showing him that no-one is certain of his place and may just be the kick-start for him to go out and grab a goal or two on saturday..............
    Yep.
  • Options
    Hayes and Kermo both play the support role, Haynes looks good coming on late to run at teams but will he be the same player from the start? Clarke looked awkward at times but he ruffled their feathers and put himself about, looked better than I thought last night. To blame the strikers last night would be wrong as the service into them was very poor
  • Options
    Clarke wasn't as bad as was made out, caused plenty problems. Haynes really did well, against a poor, tiring team. Hopefully a few punters now realise what BWP brings to the table though, even if he's not scoring.
  • Options
    I have to agree about the (lack of) service to the front two last night. Thought our entire midfield was below-par..............
  • Options
    Clarke wasn't as bad as was made out, caused plenty problems. Haynes really did well, against a poor, tiring team. Hopefully a few punters now realise what BWP brings to the table though, even if he's not scoring.
    Yep, we really missed his running and stretching the opposition, agree with some of the other opinions here that Clarke is very much 5th choice for me, Hayes and Haynes both look better bets to me.
  • Options
    His old man tweeted to me last night 'defo not going anywhere'
  • Options
    I've been calling for BWP to be rested for a couple of weeks now (and still stand by that) but could SCP not do it on transfer deadline day please? I nearly had kittens when I heard the team last night!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    haynes was quick found good space looks promising not so sure about clarke but wont write him off just yet
  • Options
    perhaps hollands was also due a rest, given he has triplets he's doing pretty well I reckon
  • Options
    Would like Haynes to start on Saturday , & give Bradders a bit more rest , have him on the bench though.
  • Options
    perhaps hollands was also due a rest, given he has triplets he's doing pretty well I reckon
    He looked knackered last night , as did most of the crowd , perhaps we all need a rest!