Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WHAT A GOAL

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Being a million years old, it somehow reminded me of Ronnie Radford's famous strike for Hereford vs Newcastle in the FA Cup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oibWCiY1bQ8

• Options
    I sat there stunned for a second. i watched the ball hit the net and land on the floor. Stephens was reeling off in celebration. I looked at the linesman and the ref for conformation. then i went bloody mental for about 40 seconds.

After the ball had been re placed in the middle of the pitch for the re start, i thought about those that i had seen leaving only a few miniutes before stephens wonder strike. i felt sorry for them. If i had done such a thing, which as far as i can remember i havent, but if i had, i would be feeling so gutted to have spent my tuesday evening, freezing cold, watching 90miniutes of crap then missing the only decent thing to happen. but alas, that is life.
  • Options
    I sat there stunned for a second. i watched the ball hit the net and land on the floor. Stephens was reeling off in celebration. I looked at the linesman and the ref for conformation. then i went bloody mental for about 40 seconds.

After the ball had been re placed in the middle of the pitch for the re start, i thought about those that i had seen leaving only a few miniutes before stephens wonder strike. i felt sorry for them. If i had done such a thing, which as far as i can remember i havent, but if i had, i would be feeling so gutted to have spent my tuesday evening, freezing cold, watching 90miniutes of crap then missing the only decent thing to happen. but alas, that is life.
    This!
    We all looked at each other, looked at the pitch, looked up at the Covered End, then went absolutely mental.
    Lovely stuff.
  • Options
    Being a million years old, it somehow reminded me of Ronnie Radford's famous strike for Hereford vs Newcastle in the FA Cup:

You've got to love Ronnie Radford!!!!

• Options
    I was sitting dead centre of the goal in row QQ of the upper and when the ball came out to him I had a vision that someone in the NW quadrant was gonna get hurt.................................and then he made contact!!!!

Got molested by the guy standing next to me and I didn't care
    . ;-)
    Was that before or after the goal?
  • Options
    And did he give you any sweets after?
  • Options
    Powell did a Fergie/Brian Kidd and legged it on the pitch.
  • Options
    Nice injury time loop...... Beautiful strike ...
    Its amazing what can happen with a shot on target !!
    My head nearly exploded with the amount of shots smacked high and wide

And being greedy I wanted a grandstand finish and winner but the last 2/3 minutes nothing happened
  • Options
    How many in the crowd left earlt "to beat the traffic" ......and missed it ?!
    'puts hand up', missed their goal as was at the bar, missed ours as was in the toilet!!!!
  • Options
    one of those where you see the ball travelling through the air and everything else including the players on the pitch seem to freeze-what a strike.

some of the Bury lads collapsed on the floor afterwards-not sure if they were gutted or the ball had struck them as it passed and knocked them out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haynes reaction towards their goalie was priceless!
    What a strike?
    How can people leave early? I'll never get that.
    Ten points clear :-D
    X
  • Options
    lol @ Haynes
  • Options
    Haynes carried that on after the final whistle
  • Options
    Yeah, I noticed that. Keeper went to shake his hand and Haynes pulled away. I honestly didn't have a problem with their keeper. He time wasted (no more than Hamer does) but that's down to the ref to stamp it out. Got his come-uppance as we scored in the time added on for his shinanigans. He got a load of abuse from the lower end and had a bit of banter with them and even had the grace to appaud our fans at the end.
  • Options
    "fatty what's the score"

PMSL
  • Options
    Fatty made me laugh. Good to see some banter still between players and fans. It did look like he was some punter who'd strolled onto the pitch and found himself playing in goal. Good keeper for a dwarf.
  • Options
    goal of the season?
  • Options
    Yeah, I noticed that. Keeper went to shake his hand and Haynes pulled away. I honestly didn't have a problem with their keeper. He time wasted (no more than Hamer does) but that's down to the ref to stamp it out. Got his come-uppance as we scored in the time added on for his shinanigans. He got a load of abuse from the lower end and had a bit of banter with them and even had the grace to appaud our fans at the end.
    He had words with Haynes when he beat him to the ball for a one on one. He was great for them last night. Sign him up?
  • Options

Filmed on a potato?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Karim said: i thought about those that i had seen leaving only a few miniutes before stephens wonder strike. i felt sorry for them.
    I don't!! The fat lady was just getting her pipes warmed up. So many goals come at the death and anyway I like to applaud the players at the end of the game from inside the ground, not from 50 yards up Valley Road just so that I can get home a couple of minutes early.
  • Options

As the equalizer came in the 93rd or 94th minute I'd say that the time wasting worked against Bury and their keeper. I doubt the refereee would have played that long had they gotten on with the game earlier.
  • Options
    Dale had a bit of a sighter a few minutes earlier and wasn't far off. What a belter!!
  • Options

As the equalizer came in the 93rd or 94th minute I'd say that the time wasting worked against Bury and their keeper. I doubt the refereee would have played that long had they gotten on with the game earlier.
    As far as I know the refs add on 30 secs per substitution & there were 5. One of the players had treatment for a couple of mins. So that means approx 30 secs may have been added for time wasting.
  • Options
    Unfortunately they don't do this. It should be 30 sec (minimum per substitute) and 1 minute per goal, but I've seen games with injuries, 2/3/4 goals and 6 substitutions result in 3 added minutes.

Hell I even remember us playing Newcastle at the valley. There were 6 subs, a goal and the lino was injured for at least 4 minutes, and still there was only 3 minutes added.

In the premiership, at least, there should be an independent time keeper, because in my whole time watching the game the referees, no matter how good or bad during the rest of the match, have proven completely incapable of decent time keeping. That's why over 90% of games have 1 minute added in the first half and 3 or 4 minutes added at the end, no matter what's happened during the match.
  • Options
    Proper fizzer.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Is it on anywhere yet? BBC website?
    I was there btw before anyone starts!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Is it on anywhere yet? BBC website?
    I was there btw before anyone starts!
    Look on the post match views thread. Someone's posted the Sky Sports highlights.
  • Options
    You too old to do a link for me Len? ;-)
  • Options
    You too old to do a link for me Len? ;-)
    Got the wrong thread sorry!

Page one of this. JT has posted it.