Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

oi henry - a recent revision to the 1985 companies act

that kicked in last month as i understand it means that as well as displaying its registered name(s) and registered address(es) the company needs to add the place of its registration and registered number(s) to its website (& emails to be on the safe side)...

Club contacts

Customer services: Email: customerservices@cafc.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0)20 8333 4000 Fax: +44 (0)20 8333 4001 Minicom/textphone: +44 (0)20-8333 4094
Registered office: The Valley, Floyd Road, Charlton, SE7 8BL.

Comments

• Options
    i found a link for you to a briefing note by FieldFisherWaterhouse...it kicked in 1st jan...

http://www.ffw.com/Publications/Files/3e629be8-5b94-4c97-8396-fcd4d28b2ff1.PDF
  • Options
    Hi Bon Ton,

Can you give me the chapter and verse on this before I pass it on.

H
  • Options
    Henry, the briefing note is in PDF so you'll have to click on the link, copy and paste the link or find another reference but here's another bit from FFW:

Company information on documents and websites

Further changes took effect from 1 January 2007 regarding the requirements for inclusion of a company's details on certain of its communications. Although introduced under the above statutory instruments, this in fact constitutes amendments to the relevant sections of the Companies Act 1985 (which remain in force).

It is very important for all companies to ensure that they are compliant with the new requirements.

For further details, see our briefing note.