Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Need new phone - suggestions

2»

Comments

• Options
    Still got my iPhone 3GS......its been brilliant both here in Aus and back home, faultless, does everything I want, oh and its a phone.
    I love my iPhone 3GS too that is the problem. Wonder if I can get a reconditioned one. Don't see much point about getting a iPhone when it looks like 5 is on the horizon
    Im pretty sure you can still buy them new....you certainly can here in Sydney....My Wifes one packed up recently, a battery problem, but it was one of the first on the market, so 4+ years old...they did an exchange (Chatswood Apple shop) for $89 for a new one...cant complain at that.
  • Options
    Had my HTC Desire for almost 2 years. Never had a single problem with it. Battery life great for a smartphone, and don't understand how anyone can say you have to 'fiddle' with it.
  • Options
    Just checked here...Apple store does a 3GS 8gb for $449 brand new factory unlocked with worldwide Apple warranty...about £300. Bought mine here three years ago, because I didnt want to go down the getting a phone unlocked route....and I needed to be able to use an Orange Sim and a Telstra Sim (Australian) The law here is different...Apple had to offer an unlocked phone with no binding contracts. If anyone ever wants one, just let me know, Im often back in England
  • Options
    I am up for upgrade in a couple of months, and you guys told me to get a HTC desire and I love it, it has a few moments where it will call someone who is not the person I selected and Is not the closest name in the phone book just a random ,

It has also sent a text message to people who I was not texting , so for example I am having a text conversation with the wife and it will send a copy of the message to others but not show up on the messages that you have sent them ( the bit where you can see all texts sent to that person)

Fortunately nothing I care if someone else reads but it could be quite a shit situation if your texts go wrong like that

So I will be seriously looking into what phone I get next ,

We might all be getting iPhones as our work phone which will save the issue so I might just get a shite phone for my personal phone and get a free ps3 or something
    Yes that has happened to me. Sent a message to my boss which was meant for Ian... luckily all it said was "Ok" but my boss might have been concerned by the XXX at the end of it. cringe.
  • Options
    Had a HTC Desire HD for nearly two years no problems with it at all, not even gonna bother upgrading when due as it still works perfectly. The only problem is all my so called mates have the iphone so you tend to miss out on all the group messages they seem to have, would rather change my mates than my phone though, HTC rules.
  • Options
    You missed some great ones today.

Mini Tim Wiseman was my particular favourite.
  • Options
    Just go and buy one
  • Options
    the nokia lumia 800 windows phone looks great and they are soon bringing out a lumia 900 with a bigger screen.

only thing that stopped me buying the 800 was it was only 16gb memory with no chance to add more , thought the 900 would improve on that but it hasn't.

More than happy to stick with my iphone 4 which I've had for a year with no significant problems
  • Options
    My HTC has stopped charging. I took it in, they sent it away and they say the problem is not covered under warranty and want £114 to fix it. Well pissed off. Didn't realise i still have another 8 months until I can upgrade. Its still in the shop waiting my decision.

Got some basic samsung loan phone. Its rotten.
  • Options
    being a bit of a tech guy, you have to get the samsung galaxy s2. It is streets ahead of anything on the market right now (yes that includes the iphone 4s). It's CPU is still top dog and they are falling in value because the galaxy s3 is imminent.

Get the galaxy S2, it is superb
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My HTC has stopped charging. I took it in, they sent it away and they say the problem is not covered under warranty and want £114 to fix it. Well pissed off. Didn't realise i still have another 8 months until I can upgrade. Its still in the shop waiting my decision.

That's outrageous! What's caused the failure of it? I'd compain and ask to speak to someone more senior? how long have you had it? Can you speak to your network provider as well as the maker of the phone? they've got you over a barrel!

My blackberry has stopped charging, and I now have to use the usb port and plug into my work pc for it to charge slowly and it drains really quickly. It's far from ideal, and its scandelous that they probably won't fix it for free despite me paying insurance and only being 13 months into an 18 month contract.

my old blackberry bold broke about a month before my 18 months was up, (the scroll ball) and i called orange about it, they said after some diagnostic tests that it was a common problem with these blackberrys and it would cost me my £140 to fix. I said that was ridiculous that for something that is likely to break is still a chargable thing to get fixed. he looked up my history, saw how much i spent each month and how long I'd been with orange and sent me a brand new one via courier the following day to swap.

• Options
    HTC Desire - brilliant phone ... had mine for about 18 months now and never a problem
  • Options

Don't accept the not covered under the warranty rubbish. The phone should be fit for purpose for a reasonable period of time. Certainly if it's less than two or three years old it should still charge up warranty or not...tell them you will seek (trading standards/Which magazine/consumer organisations) advice and want a replacement phone as good or better, or double your money back and make an icily controlled but assertive and purposeful fuss. if the shop is a big organisation they should know all about fit for purpose for a reasonable time whatever a trickster written warranty may say.

• Options
    I've got 2 blackberry's and an iphone 4 in my drawer that I keep meaning to send to Mazuma. Any offers?
  • Options
    £5 the set?

;o)
  • Options

Go to Phones 4 U they will buy you out of your contract then you can get a phone of your choice.

• Options
    got an iphone today for my upgrade. what product is best to protect the screen from cracks etc?
  • Options

That's outrageous! What's caused the failure of it? I'd compain and ask to speak to someone more senior? how long have you had it? Can you speak to your network provider as well as the maker of the phone? they've got you over a barrel!

My blackberry has stopped charging, and I now have to use the usb port and plug into my work pc for it to charge slowly and it drains really quickly. It's far from ideal, and its scandelous that they probably won't fix it for free despite me paying insurance and only being 13 months into an 18 month contract.

my old blackberry bold broke about a month before my 18 months was up, (the scroll ball) and i called orange about it, they said after some diagnostic tests that it was a common problem with these blackberrys and it would cost me my £140 to fix. I said that was ridiculous that for something that is likely to break is still a chargable thing to get fixed. he looked up my history, saw how much i spent each month and how long I'd been with orange and sent me a brand new one via courier the following day to swap.

Re the Blackberry, this happened to me. Bought a new battery thinking it was that. in the end i did a hard reset of the phone ie taking battery out whilst phone is running and reloading the software. re charging issue was solved by this.
  • Options
    I've got 2 blackberry's and an iphone 4 in my drawer that I keep meaning to send to Mazuma. Any offers?
    what network is the iphone 4 on or is it unlocked ?
  • Options
    The cheapest Nokia you can find. Makes calls and texts, costs next to nothing and no one wants to pinch it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Despite being surrounded by Apple disciples I have always refused the temptation and 18mths ago got a HTC Desire and never regretted it for a moment, it can do everything I want it to do, quickly, effectively and does not cost you an arm and a leg.
    I was on a 18 mth contract and so at the end just downgraded, I was so pleased with the Phone that I did not want to part.....this is the first time ever this has happened.
  • Options
    Nokia Lumia 800 if you're not going to buy an iPhone