Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shrove Tuesday Choice

1. lemon and sugar OR Syrup

Comments

• is that today?
  • i would like to sit at home and choose but have to attend a holy confirmation... being a catholic sometimes honestly... tsssskk!!
  • its seems to early in the year for this, but you need a minimum 3:

1 with lemon and sugar
    1 with syrup
    1 wrapped up with cornish ice cream in the middle
  • peanut butter
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]its seems to early in the year for this, but you need a minimum 3:

1 with lemon and sugar
    1 with syrup
    1 wrapped up with cornish ice cream in the middle

How can it be early - It's the last day before Lent like it is every year. Ask Curb-it, she'll explain

Ice cream? Peanut butter?! "Choices" have to be either/or. It's the polemic that makes them work. I knew I shouldn't have gone back to choices, never go back ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i would like to sit at home and choose but have to attend a holy confirmation... being a catholic sometimes honestly... tsssskk!!

Sounds fun. Not Tavern by any chance?
  • Pancakes are great with almost any filling, the only issue is that they take longer to cook than to eat.
  • we live in a free world, and if i want the contrasting diffusion between the warmth, security and homeliness of the pancake, and the sharp, melting, svelte, taboo arousal of the cornish ice cream, i jolly well will.

i want one now !
  • I'm making pancakes with blueberries and banana, with a marscapone and orange mix on top. topped off with golden syrup.

also got, walnuts, dark chocolate, coconut, sugar, lemon.
  • edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i would like to sit at home and choose but have to attend a holy confirmation... being a catholic sometimes honestly... tsssskk!!

Sounds fun. Not Tavern by any chance?

ha ha, i had my first holy communion there, on the day that charlton got relegated back to division one in our 1st year of the premiership. cried my eyes out all day.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]we live in a free world, and if i want the contrasting diffusion between the warmth, security and homeliness of the pancake, and the sharp, melting, svelte, taboo arousal of the cornish ice cream, i jolly well will.

i want one now !

It is just this sort of indulgent, liberal, "I want it and I want it now" attitude with no regard for the consequences that has destroyed this once great nation. The empire was built on pancakes eaten with Canadian syrup or West Indian sugar and British Lemons not some fancy Italian iced cream or Yankee peanut butter.

No wonder Jesus went off for 40 days and 40 nights to get away from it all.
  • Ah Cherry Pancakes, the only excuse needed to visit a Little Chef!
  • i thought the idea was to use up everything in your kitchen for lent?

maybe afka has some cornish soft scoop vanilla that he's sacrificing for lent? as i am, with the mascarpone, orange, coconut, bananas etc etc....
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i thought the idea was to use up everything in your kitchen for lent?

maybe afka has some cornish soft scoop vanilla that he's sacrificing for lent? as i am, with the mascarpone, orange, coconut, bananas etc etc....

Quite so. I'll start another choice.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving

How can it be early - It's the last day before Lent like it is every year. Ask Curb-it, she'll explain

But Lent is dependent on Easter, Easter changes every year. So you may think it's early this year. Easter is earlier than last year, therefore Shrove Tuesday is earlier this year. Last year it was on Tue 28th Feb.
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving

[/cite]
    [cite]

But Lent is dependent on Easter, Easter changes every year. So you may think it's early this year. Easter is earlier than last year, therefore Shrove Tuesday is earlier this year. Last year it was on Tue 28th Feb.[/cite]

Wooooooooosh *sound of joke going over Chirpy's head* ;-)
  • Gotta be Tate & Lyle Syrup & lot's of it..!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving

]

Wooooooooosh *sound of joke going over Chirpy's head* ;-)

Sorry Henry, you can't have it both ways. You have told me on many occasions that if one is speaking with tounge in cheek, one should add a ;-) to their comments. It's too late now.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]we live in a free world, and if i want the contrasting diffusion between the warmth, security and homeliness of the pancake, and the sharp, melting, svelte, taboo arousal of the cornish ice cream, i jolly well will.

i want one now !

It is just this sort of indulgent, liberal, "I want it and I want it now" attitude with no regard for the consequences that has destroyed this once great nation. The empire was built on pancakes eaten with Canadian syrup or West Indian sugar and British Lemons not some fancy Italian iced cream or Yankee peanut butter.

No wonder Jesus went off for 40 days and 40 nights to get away from it all.

Very Good!
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving

]

Wooooooooosh *sound of joke going over Chirpy's head* ;-)[/cite]
    [cite]

Sorry Henry, you can't have it both ways. You have told me on many occasions that if one is speaking with tounge in cheek, one should add a ;-) to their comments. It's too late now.[/cite]

But there was a ";-)" at the end of the message, so there! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Nutella and banana every time
  • Bacon and Strawberry jam
  • chilli for main course, lemon and sugar for desert.