Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help needed - DVD of 1997 12 Angry Men

I need a copy of this film for work on a DVD that I can play on a laptop. (don't ask why I need this version and not the better Henry Fonda version I just do)

All I can find on Amazon are US versions.

So, can I play a US version on a laptop or where can I buy a region 2(is that right) version.

Comments

• Options
    You are Rowan from The Office aren't you Henry?
  • Options
    who's rowan?
  • Options
    The bloke who held the seminar about customer relations. 4th episode, first series.
  • Options
    That episode was so close to the truth that I could hardly watch. Not really that bad but had a few clients like David Brent.

PS knowing the name of obscure characters in TV shows is a sign of being an anorak (no smiley thing)
  • Options
    Henry, I am a self confessed anorak and proud of it.
  • Options
    There's a copy of it on video cd on ebay but it looks a bit dodgy to my eyes.

chinese copy?
  • Options
    great film/ play........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]There's a copy of it on video cd on ebay but it looks a bit dodgy to my eyes.

chinese copy?

Cheers, does look well dodgy but might risk it at that price.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]There's a copy of it on video cd on ebay but it looks a bit dodgy to my eyes.

chinese copy?

Hold off for an hour or two as I am speaking to a few tv/film geeks I know. It's just the sort of thing they would have.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

chinese copy?

Hold off for an hour or two as I am speaking to a few tv/film geeks I know. It's just the sort of thing they would have.

Cheers P. I'm in no particular rush

BTW Did the book arrive OK?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Indeed it did.
  • Options
    Henry, most lap tops will let you play a US DVD, but only let you switch bands a certain number of times. I think you'll find it was released in 1957 (the movie, that is) not 1997.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sasha_saves[/cite]Henry, most lap tops will let you play a US DVD, but only let you switch bands a certain number of times. I think you'll find it was released in 1957 (the movie, that is) not 1997.

What does switch bands mean? I need it to show clips as part of a training workshop.

And I do mean 1997 the TV version not the 1957 Henry Fonda B&W film
  • Options
    It means that when you put a dvd in from the US region (2?) it will say you can play it and change back to Uk/Europe region (1?) - but you can only do that change a certain number of times. On the lap tops I have owned, that has been three changes max.
    So, to sum up, you should be able to swap to region 2 to watch 12 Angry Men and then be able to go back to watching UK DVDs.
    Let's hope the 12 angry men on Saturday are in claret and blue (or whatever the away strip is)
    By, the way - who are the stars in the 97 version?
  • Options
    If you get the US region one and you've got a DVD burner plus Nero or something similar. Down load a programme called DVD Shrink (google it). Follow the on screen instructions and you will be able to play the film on any region DVD player.