Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

All time classic songs - cover versions!!

Comments

• Options
    And Machine Head had a good stab at another Maiden song on the same album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvYm6kVY2IE
    Fooking class! Cheers for sharing.
  • Options
    'It must be love,' by Madness. The original by Labi Siffre was great, but i think this cover is the best and i grew up listening to this song and their many others.
  • Options
    People are Strange - RayBand
    All Right Now - RayBand
    Strange Brew - RayBand
    Etc.

Did I tell you I am in a band called RayBand?!
  • Options
    especially for Ken from Bexley

Jimi Hendrix breaking into a the main riff of Creams 'Sunshine of your love' after stopping the 'rubbish', Hey Joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A5aZOfNH28
  • Options

Susan Boyles version of Wild Horses - acceptable.

wash your ears out!!!!!

It's a very good version. I heard it without knowing who it was and thought it was very good. Someone I know who is, to say the least, a Stones NUT - seen them over 100 times including early gigs in Richmond in the 60's - phoned me and said it was the best cover version he'd ever heard and did I know who it was? When I told him it was Susan Boyle he went mental and said actually it was sh1te! Some people are so narrow minded.

• Options
    Santana's version of the Zombies She's Not There is brilliant.
  • Options

wash your ears out!!!!!

It's a very good version. I heard it without knowing who it was and thought it was very good. Someone I know who is, to say the least, a Stones NUT - seen them over 100 times including early gigs in Richmond in the 60's - phoned me and said it was the best cover version he'd ever heard and did I know who it was? When I told him it was Susan Boyle he went mental and said actually it was sh1te! Some people are so narrow minded.

Yeh, that really happened

• Options

wash your ears out!!!!!

I know, I was there. You too?

• Options

wash your ears out!!!!!

Whoosh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No whoosh fella, I know what you were implying. I think my comment went a lot further over your head son.
  • Options

wash your ears out!!!!!

Whoosh
    No whoosh fella, I know what you were implying. I think my comment went a lot further over your head son.
    Whay-hay. Gotcha

• Options
    Yeah ok. Fair cop Governor. You really did me there good and proper. I'm such a ****. OMG! I don't think I can ever post on here again. Gutted. You're just too good for me. Bloody Hell! Mugged off massive. CRAP!
    GOODNIGHT!
  • Options
    I think the last few posts show just how much evil and unrest Simon Cowell is capable of causing. He should be stopped.
  • Options
    I love cover versions when someone trys to do something different with a song and not copy the original.

Others have mentioned Johnny Cash's late albums ,they are a treasure trove of excellant covers as Cash's voice suits the material beautifully . Four favourites of mine not mentioned not exhaustive :

In My Life ( Beatles )
    Father and Son ( Cat Stevens )
    Won't Back Down ( Tom Petty )
    Streets of Laredo (Traditional)

I like Tim Harden who was better known as a songwriter , these are the best covers of his most famous songs in my opinion .

Reason To Believe ( Rod Stewart )
    If I Were A Carpenter ( Robert Plant )
    Lady Came From Baltimore ( Bobby Darin )
    Hang On To A Dream (Cliff Richard )
    Don't Make Promises ( Paul Weller)

Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting by the Who is better than the Elton John original and sounds like an authentic Who song.
    The amazing Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You 'was originally a Dolly Parton song
  • Options
    A New England - Kirsty McColl
    Wichita Lineman - Glen Campbell
    China Girl - David Bowie
    The Man who sold the World - Nirvana
    I fought the law - The Clash
    (What’s So Funny ‘Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding” – Elvis Costello
    Respect - Aretha Franklin
  • Options
    jonny cash - hurt
    blondie - hanging on the telephone
    killers - shadowplay
    arctic monkeys - diamonds are forever
    maccabees - home alone theme
    dickies - eve of destruction
    jam - move on up
    replacements - black diamond
    ordinary boys - little bitch
    placebo - running up that hill
    strokes - life's a gas
    karen o - immigrant song
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Graham Parker's version of The Who song 'Substitute'..... fantastico
    Agreed - stroke of brilliance.
    Black Crowes - Hard To Handle

Johnny Cash covering Nick Lowe's The Beast In Me
    Another good call. He also covered Nick's Without Love - well he was his step-father in Law!
    Talking of the creator of 'Bowi' (after David Bowie brought out his album 'Low', Whitney Houston has funded Nick Lowe since What's So Funny 'Bout Peace Love and Understanding appeared on her movie and provided Mr Lowe with a rich pension fund.

Which was covered well by Costello
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ1ZQ99pKbY&feature=related

• Options
    One for our very own @PeteF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbVE-R1_Izo

Bugger at work cannot see it, what song is it?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love In Vain by the Stones - a cover of a Robert Johnson original although very cheekily Jagger/Richards claimed writing credits on the their original vinyl release! The whole Eric Clapton album of covers of Johnson songs.
  • Options
    Love In Vain by the Stones - a cover of a Robert Johnson original although very cheekily Jagger/Richards claimed writing credits on the their original vinyl release! The whole Eric Clapton album of covers of Johnson songs.
    They did the same with "Stop Breaking Down" from Exile on Main Street.
    Think those songs may have been out of copyright?
    Cracking versions mind

• Options
    Nouvelle Vague just do covers, mostly punk / new wave songs. Quite interesting.
  • Options
    Great big sea version of End of the world as we know it
    Oysterband - Love Vigilantes
    And of course.......
    Marillions versions of Fake plastic trees and everybody hurts
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    @PeteF

Bugger at work cannot see it, what song is it?

Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb
  • Options
    Placebo - Bigmouth Strikes Again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMddcPA0GlE
  • Options
    I now know who Strasburger is... simply by suggesting that version which you know I hate with a passion