Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

B&B in Charlton-Greenwich area for Yeovil game

Comments

• Options
    Many thanks to you all for your suggestions. The Pilot is full so I have booked into the Clarendon on the special rate suggested by Suzie which with breakfast works out about the same as Travel Lodge.
  • Options
    £23 a room per night in the Pickwick, not too bad
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Many thanks to you all for your suggestions. The Pilot is full so I have booked into the Clarendon on the special rate suggested by Suzie which with breakfast works out about the same as Travel Lodge.
    How much did you get a room for at the Clarendon? I am thinking of staying there too!
  • Options
    single £75 b&b
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    single £75 b&b
    Ouch. Let's hope we win!

• Options
    single £75 b&b
    Thanks, will think about that one.
  • Options
    I'm treating myself as all my travel expense, except hotel, are being paid and having staggered past the Clarenden many time from the PoW I thought it would be a good, if expensive, experience, yes let's hope we win!
  • Options
    Does anyone know how the new hotel is coming along ?
  • Options
    What the one in Elsbells? Nearly finished ;-)

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Lol. shut up.

anyway The Clarendon looks lovely from the outside but i believe isnt all that inside. A bit dated. But it doesnt matter just a place to get your head down and bars etc are good.

But the Novotel next to Greenwich station is the best in the area.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol. shut up.

anyway The Clarendon looks lovely from the outside but i believe isnt all that inside. A bit dated. But it doesnt matter just a place to get your head down and bars etc are good.

But the Novotel next to Greenwich station is the best in the area.

You may be right about the Novotel, but have you seen the prices? They were asking silly money for a midweek room, from memory it was about 159 quid per night for midweek which, for Greenwich, is crazy.

• Options
    My mates Grandparents own the Clarendon. Her old man is Gary Micklewhite who used to play for QPR and the Gills.
  • Options
    Can you get free rooms in there? Have you been for a pint with Gary Micklewhite? Do you get a ensuite because you're friends? Do they have an Ugg discount?
  • Options
    Grow up
  • Options
    No i havent looked at the prices but it is by far the nicest in the area. I would try the Devere then as SE10 mentions above. Thats a fantastic setting right next to the Park.
  • Options
    No i havent looked at the prices but it is by far the nicest in the area. I would try the Devere then as SE10 mentions above. Thats a fantastic setting right next to the Park.
    Yes, I checked the Devere, that was 159 quid for one night too!

Olympic fever, I guess.

Looks like I will be training it to CX and cabbing it back to Kensington - where my hotel is - after the game, I am not paying silly money for a crash pad.
  • Options
    Oh that is expensive. Well then the Clarendon for 75 is a bargain.
  • Options
    Oh that is expensive. Well then the Clarendon for 75 is a bargain.
    Could be, but it has some awful reviews on Trip Advisor, some people say that it's worse than Fawlty Towers!

It was dated when I was last there in about 1992 and apparently it's not been done up since......

• Options
    edited February 2012
    did you try this one? I know its a premier inn but have been in the bar area and its a very short walk to Greenwich station. I dont know when you're coming as its normally 70 quid on a saturday night.

http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHotel/LONGRE/london-greenwich
  • Options
    I went to The Clarenden for sunday lunch last year for my nans 90th birthday and it was lovely. So many options in the carvery and all beautifully cooked. brilliant service and a pianist playing in the dining room. haven't stayed in the rooms, but from the reception area and the dining room and lounges it looked like a great traditional hotel and more character than a box of a travelodge hotel room.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll do a short report on my stay after the Yeovil game.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    My mates Grandparents own the Clarendon. Her old man is Gary Micklewhite who used to play for QPR and the Gills.
    I went to school with Gary, he signed for Man U originally.
    He was in Roan team that won the All England Trophy twice, in about 78 & 79. Team also included :-
    David Campbell - Charlton centre half
    Neil Campbell & Terry Earnshaw - Charlton youth
    Phil Coleman _ Millwall centre half.

Good team that was. Would have beaten Sheff W :-)
  • Options
    How's the new hotel coming on , anyone know ?
  • Options
    SHUT UP.
  • Options
    Try one of the hotels near ExCeL, quick tube journey to North Greenwich and a bus to the Valley. Loads of options, and usually cheap if there is nothing on at ExCeL
  • Options
    Has the building work on the new hotel started yet anyone know ?
  • Options
    you are making me chuckle...
  • Options
    Clarendon reminded me of Fawlty Towers when I went there
  • Options
    @Plaaayer - would that be Mel?

• Options
    Her sister Sam.