Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

television tonight - battle of the remote

what will you be watching/allowed to watch? football extravaganza tonight/tomorrow!

option 1> sky sports 2 celtic v milan
option 2> sky sports extra real madrid v bayern munich
option 3> itv1 lille v manchester united
option 4> itv4 psv v arsenal
option 5> bbc1 eastenders followed by holby city and shite on mars

i'm watching option 1, celtic v milan followed by shameless.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2007
    would have watch the Bhoys (only three games to get another Championship flag) v Milan but don't have sky so it will be guitar practice and then the sublime Life on Mars
  • Options
    Option 3 followed by shamelesss

If anyone says option 5 they are gay
  • Options
    Life on Mars is great and will be taped!
  • Options
    i have to go to a magazine's party at Cafe de Paris tonight so no football for me. just small talk, free champagne and loads of canapes.

rubbish
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    1905> to be watched when you get back from taking the dog for a walk?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i have to go to a magazine's party at Cafe de Paris tonight so no football for me. just small talk, free champagne and loads of canapes.

rubbish

what magazine? woman's weekly?
  • Options
    i have little interest in tonights games, will do some house stuff and possibly go to the gym.

AFKA the GAYER !
  • Options
    We have 2 cable boxes (no, not rich either...). Missus will take option 5 up until the end of Holby, then some sad documentary on asbo children etc. I will take option 1, 2 or 3 depending on my boredom threshold up to 9 (constantly flicking between all three and probably missing all the goals), followed by the brilliant Life on Mars and Shameless. Hope the pancakes are ready for KO...
  • Options
    Thats worse than option 5

Watch out on the stag do lads
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i have to go to a magazine's party at Cafe de Paris tonight so no football for me. just small talk, free champagne and loads of canapes.

rubbish

what magazine? woman's weekly?
    Shut it you!

PQ Magazine for your information.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]would have watch the Bhoys (only three games to get another Championship flag) v Milan but don't have sky so it will be guitar practice and then the sublime Life on Mars

Henry, could you please explain your constant reference to Celtic on here. I see no obvious connections to a Scottish football team in your "Why Charlton" post, nor in the personal file I have compiled on you over the past few years.
    I cannot see it being a sectarian thing as you seem to be one of the first to hail England and it's history.
    I am bemused.
  • Options
    Family birthday bash to go to, so sky+ will be working overtime!
  • Options
    So as I understand it GQ (of the magazine ilk) is a shortened form of "Gentlemen's Quarterly".

Following the same logic "PQ" magazine could be right up AFKA'S alley (all puns intended) given his reaction on other threads.
  • Options
    I will be glancing at the football whilst finishing some writing. Then the wife will get home and we will sunday night's episode of 24.
  • Options
    Kigelia - it's a good one, but when aren't they.
  • Options
    I don't understand the question. What is a "battle of the remote"?

Of course it's a bit of a dilemna deciding which game to watch, but I wouldn't have thought that in this day and age any woman would be foolish enough to think that she actually had any say in what channel was being viewed. Of course, sometimes us fellas like to pretend that we are offering a choice, but that's only when there's nothing on worth watching anyway.

(Come on lads, admit it. How many of you have tossed the remote to the missus and said something like, "No, go on - you can chose what we have on", knowing full well that there's nothing on you want to see and you're only going to give it five minutes anyway before going upstairs for a bob and a soak in the bath - to cries of "I thought we were going to watch this together"!!!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    (Come on lads, admit it. How many of you have tossed the remote to the missus and said something like, "No, go on - you can chose what we have on", knowing full well that there's nothing on you want to see and you're only going to give it five minutes anyway before going upstairs for a bob and a soak in the bath - to cries of "I thought we were going to watch this together"!!!)

LOL, mate you are so, so right !
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i have little interest in tonights games, will do some house stuff and possibly go to the gym.

AFKA the GAYER ![/quote]

I didnt know The Albany had a gym?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i have little interest in tonights games, will do some house stuff and possibly go to the gym.

AFKA the GAYER !

I didnt know The Albany had a gym?

Not tonight JD, saving it all up for the weekend.

*have i mentioned i'm going away*
  • Options
    Wife will watch option 5, man will watch whatever game he can catch on portable TV in other room. Gonna make some pancakes if I can remember the recipe.

If you are a single man your remote is known as a "plasterer's radio".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]would have watch the Bhoys (only three games to get another Championship flag) v Milan but don't have sky so it will be guitar practice and then the sublime Life on Mars

Henry, could you please explain your constant reference to Celtic on here. I see no obvious connections to a Scottish football team in your "Why Charlton" post, nor in the personal file I have compiled on you over the past few years.
    I cannot see it being a sectarian thing as you seem to be one of the first to hail England and it's history.
    I am bemused.

I'm just winding up Oracle ;-) even more fun when he can't reply.

Very proud to be English and of it's history of tolerance and libralism but as I come from a Charlton family my dad and brothers are all Charlton as well so we could never argue over who's team was better. Dad supports Rangers as do my two brother so I support Celtic. Also they have a better kit and i was given the boys book of soccer 1968 with the story of the Lisbon Lions so from then on they are my scottish team. Nothing to do with religion as my family are all athiests although this doesn't stop my dad saying "you should support the proddy team"

Glad to hear you are keeping the file. I might need it when I write my book "From Plumstead to Paris - The inside story of my decade as a Charlton director" including our European cup final win in France.
  • Options
    Paris? only on a directors beano!
  • Options
    Option 6 - Battlestar Galactica (SKY 1 9.00pm)far more entertainment in 60 minutes of that than all of the overpaid ponces playing in the games listed above could possibly provide between them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Option 6 - Battlestar Galactica (SKY 1 9.00pm)far more entertainment in 60 minutes of that than all of the overpaid ponces playing in the games listed above could possibly provide between them.

Not watching Rangers in Europe than. Oh, i forgot ;-)
  • Options
    A decade as a Charlton director? Really?

Why do you and your family support a Scottish team. I am even more confused.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]A decade as a Charlton director? Really?

Why do you and your family support a Scottish team. I am even more confused.

Don't worry - two years will be more than enough before I hand over to AFKA.

No why, just do. Going to write an article about supporting/following other teams.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Don't worry - two years will be more than enough before I hand over to AFKA.

I wish you'd stop dropping this bait, i've absolutely no intention of standing, but others are starting to get the impression i am.

For the record, I'm going to buy a proper place on the board after getting David White drunk and taking his money off him at cards :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Family birthday bash to go to, so sky+ will be working overtime!

Surely they'll have it on in the background Bruv.............oh I forgot, they don't do football.

Maybe we'll have some party games instead.................oh I forgot, they don't do party games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Don't worry - two years will be more than enough before I hand over to AFKA.

I wish you'd stop dropping this bait, i've absolutely no intention of standing, but others are starting to get the impression i am.

For the record, I'm going to buy a proper place on the board after getting David White drunk and taking his money off him at cards :-)

Yeah, yeah, they all say that. Don't worry I won't spoil you chances by backing you in public anymore but i'll swing the Bromley vote behind you. ;-)
  • Options
    If I get home in time I'll be watching Life On Mars.