Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The next two games could see us 12 points ahead...

So, we play Rochdale on Tuesday and Stevenage next Saturday; both games at home. If we win both we will be a mighty 12 points clear of Sheffield United before they play another game. Obviously we would have played two more games than them, but surely points in the bag at this stage in the season would provide us with a real psychological advantage just as they're about to take on the Massive. Win these two games and I reckon the title will be ours.

Comments

• Options
    Ha .... I just posted much the same before seeing this, on today's Post Match Views thread.

• Options
    I will take 4
  • Options
    When do Sheff Utd play their games in hand?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    We've drawn 2 of our past 3 matches.

Powelly will want to target 3 points each game.

One team is bottom of the League and we need to go for the jugular there - not withstanding they have a new manager and beat Bournemouth today (with a last minute penalty).

Stevenage match is a grudge match. Our players need to be really up for this one.
  • Options
    So, we play Rochdale on Tuesday and Stevenage next Saturday; both games at home. If we win both we will be a mighty 12 points clear of Sheffield United before they play another game. Obviously we would have played two more games than them, but surely points in the bag at this stage in the season would provide us with a real psychological advantage just as they're about to take on the Massive. Win these two games and I reckon the title will be ours.
    Oh the curse of Charlton will now strike.

• Options
    I will take 4
    Absolutely. Maybe even 3. We've got 16 games left. Even just 6 wins, 4 draws and 6 defeats would get us the 92 points that are normally necessary.
  • Options
    shows the importance of doing the double over them, if they'd done it to us then league positions would be reversed.
  • Options
    Both games are easily winnable, but this is Charlton and we never do anything easy............I predict we will draw with Rochdale as we never seem to beat bottom of the table teams at home- even our glourious 1999/2000 championship winning team lost AT HOME to bottom of the table Swindon, having won the previous 12 on the trot. Then we will lose to Stevenage, as they will be the first team this season to do the double over us (the only other team, L'Orient, will do the same in early April)

1 point out of 6, we will be looking over our shoulder at Sheff U, but I still feel confident we will get promoted (at Carlisle) and end up with around 95-100 points.
  • Options
    Rochdale we'll beat, as for Stevenage, I suspect the players are still hurting from
    What they still think was an injustice. Big performance next Saturday
  • Options
    How many Charlton fans today?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Golfie's back on form.

;o)
  • Options
    Oggy, Hows tricks down there mate ?
    You up for Tuesday & Sat: or just saturday ?
    "Moggy the carpet slayer" !
    ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hello Moggy, good to hear from you!

"Carpet Slayer" .....have you laid any lately? You're top notch, that's what people say.

Just up for the Saturday ..... I'll pop in the Lib beforehand and say hello.
    Take care.