Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Running out of steam

Hope not,this is crunch time and some players a little tired and top points getting whittled away slowy.Be a shame not to go up as Champions after being there all season,may be change it around a bit.Freshen things up,he keeps saying he's got players chomping at the bit to get in,lets see them,thought thats why he built up a good strong team.Injuries could start to take there toll now, be interesting to see how he keeps it going.
If they find this run in difficult,wait till the championship.

Comments

• Options
    Jesus wept.

Record in the league 2012.

WWWWDWD.

Terrible.
  • Options
    performance wise though i can see where he is coming from
  • Options
    Jesus wept.

Record in the league 2012.

WWWWDWD.

Terrible.
    this

• Options
    Into the Valley is full of this type of shite
  • Options
    At this stage of the season it is all about results. Yes we haven't been as a fluid as the October\November peak, but I honestly don't care.
  • Options
    I expected to open this thread and find someone having another pop at Sheffield Wednesday.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    My only worry is - will we do what we normally do and start slacking at narrow 1-0 wins or lose to teams by a narrow because we are becoming too comptable? The past 10 seasons this had been the case, especially in the Premiership. We have a good season until end of February and start going on a bad run with slacking performances and we ruin what looked like it was going to be a good season. I can remember when we went up as Champions in division one, we was walking the league but stuttered towards the end and we could have sealed promotion a lot sooner even though I felt proud of Charlton that season. Hopefully, we won't stutter and we don't blow it by ending up in the playoffs. I don't like to rely on other teams this season when we are 11 points clear of third place. I know some of you rather look at 2nd place but I like to look at 3rd place because as long as we get promoted then I am happy, even if we finish 2nd. So we have got to do what we need to do on the pitch and not worry about other teams around us.

I don't think we will slack based on how strong our squad is in this division but until we are mathmatically very close to sealing promotion then there is a cause to celebrate.
  • Options
    when the gap is 12 points on Saturday, this thread will look a bit silly
  • Options
    Our blip has finally arrived, 2 draws in our last 7, only 17 points from the last 21. Press the panic button.

Have a look at the league table and then calm the hell down.
  • Options
    What an incredibly silly thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keep repeating the current form over the last 8 games until the end of the season, and we win the league with over 100 points.
  • Options
    I expected to open this thread and find someone having another pop at Sheffield Wednesday.
    I thought it was going to be an in depth analysis into the Steam Train Industry!

• Options
    Keep repeating the current form over the last 8 games until the end of the season, and we win the league with over 100 points.
    No reason to think we won't.

I'm potentially on my Jack Jones on Tuesday. Let me know if there are any spares around you.

• Options
    will do, should be if Franchise was anything to go by.

• Options
    At this stage of the season it is all about results. Yes we haven't been as a fluid as the October\November peak, but I honestly don't care.
    At every stage in the season it's about results. It seems the novelty and enjoyment of an exciting season has worn off and the result is a shrill demand for Barcelona-esque football. If this is Charlton running out of steam we must have a team of Highlanders. Actually that would be awesome..
  • Options
    A point away from home whoever it's against is a good point. Chesterfield away won't be easy neither. Nothing needs to be freshened up. Weve just had 2 weeks without football. They've had a good rest. Bring on the rest of the season

Played 30 lost 2.

COYR's
  • Options
    Just have a little look at the table, forget 2nd place look at the gap to third plus the games in hand. Fantastic position to be in.
  • Options
    Into the Valley is full of this type of shite
    I can imagine. Always was a laugh a minute on there.
  • Options
    KEEP CALM AND DON'T PANIC.
  • Options
    Maybee we have had to watch 2 much good football and now its a test of nerve to grind out the odd scrappy result! Get a grip we are top of league n 6 points clear! Wot does every one expect messi style goals every week!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So lets just get some perspective. Looking at the other English league leaders:
    Premiership Leaders
    Man City 2pt lead / lost 3

Champoinship Leaders
    Southamton 2pt lead / lost 7

Division 1 Leaders
    Charlton 6pt lead / lost 2

Division 2 Leaders
    Southend 0pt lead / lost 8

Conference Leaders
    Fleetwood 2pt lead / lost 3

Our strikers may not score often or pass the height test and our home and away following is inferior to the Massive, but by my reckoning we are performing better than most and i wonder if there are any other clubs fans in our division that wouldn't swap places without a thought.

If we do manage to defy the current odds and secure P, god help Powell if we aren't top 6 at Christmas, or he will be having to look under his car with a mirror.
  • Options
    92 points will get us promoted.

Win our home games from here on in and we've done it.
  • Options
    Sheff Utd gaining of two points on us after the weekends games seems to have put the fear of god into all the lifers, guys and girls get a grip we are still out in front by six points
  • Options
    <<blockquote rel="barstool">Sheff Utd gaining of two points on us after the weekends games seems to have put the fear of god into all the lifers, guys and girls get a grip we are still out in front by six points

It's ok saying that but we haven't won a game for 6 days.

• Options
    All that matters is the gap between us and third.

Yes the title would be nice if it happens but automatic promotion is our ONE AIM!

COYR
  • Options
    Would rather have my money on Charlton than any other team in this division!!
  • Options
    Final Table
    Charlton P46 pts99
    Sheff Unt P46 pts91
    Huddersfield P46 pts85
    MK Dons P46 pts82
    Sheff wed P46 pts78
    Stevenage P46 pts76

This final table allows for us to have 3 blips. Final tally P46 W29 D12 L5
    If we play well. P46 W31 D13 L2 which is a record 104 points..................
  • Options
    Not sure about “running out of steam”, it’s pretty inconceivable that we wont get promoted now. It’d take a monumental effort from Huddersfield or Sheffield Wednesday (an effort neither of which look capable of) to overturn our points gap, and it would also require a huge collapse from us, again not something we’ve really shown any sign of. The real shame would be if we didn’t recognise the potentially record breaking position we’re in and crack on and try and do something really special. At the start of the season I would have taken promotion any way we could get it, but now history is on the cards and we should go for it.