Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Hope they're not true as well.
  • Options
    As Henry said , he's doing a great job there! :-0
  • Options
    his job rests on sundays game against S Unt i reckon
  • Options
    Henry's been posting on Owls Stalk:

"Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:31 AM
    Lack of announcement on OS suggests the rumours are guesswork. "

Too much of a coincidence?

;o)
  • Options
    surprised the sheff derby isnt on tv
  • Options
    He's certainly getting his excuses in already, complaining that Shef U have got a bigger budget than Wendies blah blah blah.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/owls_chief_deflects_pressure_onto_neighbours_1_4251525
  • Options
    Softened to Megson a little post the game at Hillsborough by how nice he was about us.

United probably have the biggest budget in the league
  • Options
    Softened to Megson a little post the game at Hillsborough by how nice he was about us.

United probably have the biggest budget in the league
    He was only trying to cover his back after being unbelievably unprofessional towwards Morro and getting put in his place by Powell.
  • Options
    Well, I for one hope the wendys get at least a draw. Don't want united breathing down our necks too heavily.
  • Options
    Don't fall for that one, Rothko. Remember how nice Ferguson always was about Charlton? Invited Curbs for a glass of red wine with him post-match, patted him on the head and said what a nice little club we were...

Fat lot of good it ever did us. Rule: NEVER EVER trust a rival manager who says nice things about the opposition. It's a trap!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    If you're not a cynic, you aint proper charlton.........FACT!
  • Options
    edited February 2012

This.
  • Options
    leave off, there was nothing wrong with IAs post at all.

back to thread
  • Options
    I don't know a lot about the Chairman's attitude but I would have thought that it is no shame for Wednesday to finish in the playoffs - as would have been the case for us at the start of the season. If he fails to get them up in three seasons it might be different (like Clark at Huddersfield) but despite some of the fans comments I don't think those in charge really believe that they are too big for this division and they should run away with it.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Megson is a tosser who's teams play shite football. Wednesday are usedttobrs and wannabees with a MASSIVE chip on their shoulder and no respect for other Clubs or Other Clubs fans. If Wedenesday finished outside the playoffs and Megson got sacked It would be a result.
  • Options
    Megson is a tosser who's teams plat shite football. Wednesday are usedtibes and wannabees with a MASSIVE chip on their shoulder and no respect for other Clubs or Other Clubs fans. If Wedenesday finished outside the playoffs and Megson got sacked It would be a result.
  • Options
    Thought they loved Megson --rather him stay there and battle for a place in the playoffs if lucky
  • Options
    Could end up at Wolves at this rate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My pal sits on the bench every game learning the physio stuff and he heard everything megson was saying towards our bench all game up at hillsbrough.
    Calling Powell all the names under the sun as well as morrisson. Megson is a pr*ck.

Luckily we have a proffessional set of staff who know how to go about their business.

Hopefully smegson stays with them though as he is currently on a good run
  • Options
    I wonder if the Mandaric court case has had a negative effect on Weds , meaning he's been taking his eyeoff the ball /hand off his wallet, with regards to Weds bringing in players in the Jan transfer window.
  • Options
    I wonder if the Mandaric court case has had a negative effect on Weds , meaning he's been taking his eyeoff the ball /hand off his wallet, with regards to Weds bringing in players in the Jan transfer window.
    You mean that £6m that he was going to give to Megson to spend in January? I was stunned, as were many on here, when that turned out to be absolute delusional bollocks.

• Options
    My pal sits on the bench every game learning the physio stuff and he heard everything megson was saying towards our bench all game up at hillsbrough.
    Calling Powell all the names under the sun as well as morrisson. Megson is a pr*ck.

Luckily we have a proffessional set of staff who know how to go about their business.

Hopefully smegson stays with them though as he is currently on a good run
    Tacky little individual managing a tacky little club.
  • Options
    This has just appeared on Twitter from a 'sports journalist 'Mark McGrath.

I've heard that Milan Mandaric met Dave Jones at a hotel in London yesterday #swfc #sheffieldwednesday

• Options
    If they lose the Sheffield derby then he'll be a gonna for sure
  • Options
    For the first time ever, I will be cheering the Wendys on.

• Options
    Doubt it, he's better than some prem managers, he said so himself, so it must be true.
  • Options
    If he does get the nudge, it'll mean that both massive and hudds managers were sacked because of a 'downturn' that was started with losses to us. Nice!
  • Options
    I know we poke fun at them being massive and everything, but I don't think they are a more/better financially resourced club than those around them, so I don't think it's a failure for Megson if he can't get them into the top two. It's not his fault if the previous owners left so much debt that they need bigger attendances to compete than the likes of MK Dons.

If you assume that second is an aspiration rather than a mandatory requirement then, frankly, sixth is just as good - it's the three play-off games that make all the difference.

I know that there will be a queue of unemployed managers (and those further down the league) that would take the Wednesday job, but I'm not sure that with the resources available to them any other manager will do a better job.

Having said that I think Megson is scum and would be more than happy for him to be sacked, and losing the derby game at home might, itself, be enough for him to get the push.