Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Syria - a genuine question.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just another step towards "their" NEW WORLD ORDER!
  • Options
    Peter Mandelson declared after meeting the dictator that he liked Assad and he was "a decent man doing a difficult job",
    there's a joke in there somewhere.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Peter Mandelson declared after meeting the dictator that he liked Assad and he was "a decent man doing a difficult job",
    I remember Thatcher saying the same thing about that other mass murderer and torturer of his own people General Pinochet!

i remember another person completely unrelated to this discussion said something good about some one who was really bad also completely unrelated to this discussion.

• Options
    I remember Thatcher saying the same thing about that other mass murderer and torturer of his own people General Pinochet!

i remember another person completely unrelated to this discussion said something good about some one who was really bad also completely unrelated to this discussion.

Hitler was a good painter?
    Pol Pot was kind to hamsters?

• Options

I do not think there is anything we can do ....

What does not sit well with me is that over the years prior to all these uprisings -which is now regular in the Asia Africa and middle East -All these countries were not slow in condemming and burning/cursing the Union Jack along with the stars and stripes--can you remember how much the Iraq and Libya people hated us !!!!

The celebrations in Libya and london when the bomber was freed

The Celebration in Iraq when we were targeted by the bombers

BUT when the shit hit the fan who did they come pleading to -Good old GB

--Syria will be the same --

Lets sort our own backyard out first --before we send our own sons to that God forsaken hole

• Options

yes, i think Peter Mandelsons fondness for Ass may have clouded his judgement somewhat.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

Disgusting and ridiculous then, disgusting and ridiculous now...what is your point?

You never miss an opportunity to have a pop at labour. Sometimes you need to have your double standards pointed out.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

Disgusting and ridiculous then, disgusting and ridiculous now...what is your point?

You never miss an opportunity to have a pop at labour. Sometimes you need to have your double standards pointed out.
    I'll have a pop at any party which I feel deserves criticism, if thats OK with you.
    I posted a quote from Mandelson without comment - are you saying his statement was a good one by comparing it with a disgraceful alliance with Pinochet? No you are highlighting just what a stupid statement it was, so YOU are also having a pop at 'Labour', arent you?

PS I resisted pointing out that, without Pinochet's support, we would have lost many many more ships and no doubt hundreds of soldiers lives in the Falklands war, because it would have looked to blinkered party faithful types that I was supporting Thatcher's stance with that dictator. Which I wasnt.
    You trying to retaliate with Thatcher comments is pointless to me as I see her as a terribly and in many cases disasterously, devisive influence in our country for a decade. However, myopically blaming her for every ill in 21st century Britain is just plain nonsense.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

• Options

strong feeling of irony eminating from this post