Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs with live music

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
Does anyone know of any descent pubs with live music on Saturday evenings?Have been to Royal Oak at North Heath and Bear And Ragged at Crayford?

Comments

• Options
    Depends on what kind of music you're after killer, and in what area.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The Pelton Arms in Greenwich. Excellent venue.
  • Options
    The water rats kings cross
  • Options
    The Railway in Bexley Village has alot of live music, not sure about saturday nights though
  • Options
    Fox & Firkin in Lewisham. Live music Thursday - Saturday and sometimes on Sunday.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I agree and this Saturday should be good. The Ronnies play music by the Small Faces, Faces and The Stones
  • Options
    EastStand,anywhere within an hours journey from Bexleyheath.I like all types of music from the 50s-90s.Cheers for suggestions so far,The Pelton Arms sounds good this Saturday
  • Options
    Fox & Firkin Lewisham is good, plus Windmill in Brixton always has bands on every night
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Then as Friend or Defoe and PeakieRocket say The Fox is a great pub. And I should know as I worked there for 2 years!
    You can check out the upcoming events on facebook if you have it. This saturday night is the ska & northern soul night: http://www.facebook.com/events/235142086575859/
    Also recommend tuesday nights. Every week has a different DJ playing and there are really good offers on a lot of drinks. I will be DJing tuesday the 6th by the way!
  • Options
    We are at home on Tuesday 6th March EastStand!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

http://www.peltonarmspub.com/
    You know they used that pub as the Nags head
  • Options
    We are at home on Tuesday 6th March EastStand!
    Are we?! Sh*t.
  • Options
    Had live music in O'Neils in Bromley on Saturday last week. Was quite good from what I remember.
  • Options
    Had live music in O'Neils in Bromley on Saturday last week. Was quite good from what I remember.
    That was karaoke muppet
  • Options
    The Golden Lion, Sydenham, SE26.

http://www.sydenhambluesclub.co.uk/

• Options
    Jeez...when you think back to the 60's and early 70's it was hard to find a pub 'without' live music.
  • Options
    What a div
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Then as Friend or Defoe and PeakieRocket say The Fox is a great pub. And I should know as I worked there for 2 years!
    You can check out the upcoming events on facebook if you have it. This saturday night is the ska & northern soul night: http://www.facebook.com/events/235142086575859/
    Also recommend tuesday nights. Every week has a different DJ playing and there are really good offers on a lot of drinks. I will be DJing tuesday the 6th by the way!
    We may have met! The Ska & Northern Soul night (Night bus to Catford) is the last Saturday of every month, it's always good and was brilliant on New Years Eve! Carl puts on a good night.

The Mitre in Greenwich usually has live music as well. Give O'Neils in Bromley a miss!
  • Options
    The British Oak, Blackheath Standard every saturday night, but this might depend on your age as definitely for overs 30s if not 40s.

And highly recommend the Pelton as suggested.
  • Options
    The Pelton Arms is great.
    Make sure you see The Los Dawsons when they are there next.
    I think they play one of the bars/pubs in Charlton from time to time as well. Cracking band.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A couple in town that are good are The Purple Turtle in Camden and The Monto Water Rats in Grays Inn Road.
  • Options
    They play in the thai/tapas on Charlton Church lane every other sunday.
  • Options
    Bit early but me and my band will be playing a free live gig at the charlotte in Crayford on a friday evening 30th march. I'll post the event on here later but it should be a good one and we're taking footage for our music video.
  • Options
    I noticed last night that the Old Prince of Orange in Gravesend has a Metallica tribute band playng tonight. £5 a ticket.
  • Options
    I noticed last night that the Old Prince of Orange in Gravesend has a Metallica tribute band playng tonight. £5 a ticket.
    Are they teaming up with a Lou Reed tribute act?
  • Options
    They play in the thai/tapas on Charlton Church lane every other sunday.
    Thats the one, cheers Curb It
  • Options
    We may have met! The Ska & Northern Soul night (Night bus to Catford) is the last Saturday of every month, it's always good and was brilliant on New Years Eve! Carl puts on a good night.

The Mitre in Greenwich usually has live music as well. Give O'Neils in Bromley a miss!
    Carl is a good mate of mine. I'm bringing him to the match on saturday!
    We probably have. I quit working there mid 2009 but I still visited regularly. Not so much this past year though. If we both end up going night bus after the match introduce yourself to Carl and I'll say hello.

• Options
    Nice one MOG - I've got a mate who plays drums in a blues band - I've passed on the details.
  • Options
    Thats okay: May be some time tho', Becky has the Lion fully booked til July I think:

(Oh, yes, tell your mate Becky is the name he wants to ask for).