Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    *opens big bag of popcorn*
  • Options
    yes i just read that,sounds like were intrested in a new stadium!
  • Options
    I can see there being something in this but these Masterplans by Councils take years to come to anything.
  • Options
    I can see there being something in this but these Masterplans by Councils take years to come to anything.
    just in time for when were in the prem;)
  • Options
    just in time for when were in the prem;)
    Will it be big enough for us though?

• Options
    I bet Henry knew about this *ages* ago.
  • Options
    Oh, here we go again.

Made this mistake twice before. We should not leave the Valley.

Yeah, we can consider any plans, but it'd be a huge mistake to leave the Valley (again).
  • Options
    Sounds more like the Club are worried another club might take up residence!
  • Options
    I bet Henry knew about this *ages* ago.
    How much do you want to bet?
  • Options
    Would rather see another club take up residence on our patch, than see us leave the Valley again.

Are we really so insecure about our future that we couldn't bear another club on our doorstep?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Which other club is gonna want to move to Greenwich?
  • Options
    maybe Palace, Millwall and Orient can ground share. 10k should be enough.
  • Options
    It would need to be a MASSIVE club whose current stadium has perhaps seen better days...yep, welcome back to SE London, Jose and Miguel...
  • Options
    id love palace to move their that would be pwoppa naughtayyy
  • Options
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/302685/AEG-in-talks-for-Spurs

And AEG run the O2
  • Options
    No takeover at spurs.That was said last week.
  • Options
    Millwall would be the most likely candidates surely, it's only across the river from Millwall Docks
  • Options
    There was always talk of Arsenal going to the O2, always had visions of 50,000 Gooners missing kick off because a lorry broke down in the Blackwall Tunnel
  • Options
    have downloaded the doc. What is says is :

Sports/Leisure/Education
    Complex

A multi-use facility is to be centrally
    positioned within the masterplan.
    A key role for it would be to provide
    outdoor entertainment linking with
    and complementing the offer at the
    O2 Arena. The complex could also
    be integrated with an elite sports
    facility or university. At ground level
    the complex could contain retail and
    hospitality uses creating an active
    edge when not in use.

What's more interesting is the proposed DLR extension to N.Greenwich. It seems to be coming from Charlton, rather than linking with Greenwich/Cutty Sake!

Mind you, proposals are exactly that.... Greenwich Waterfront Transit, anyone?
  • Options
    btw, pictures show it roughly where the Amylum plant (the 'blue shit' as my Mrs called it) used to be
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How big could it be if it was a football stadium?.
  • Options
    They dont understand our club if they are. How many people living locally would start going because a new team moves there when they dont go already.

Handful of tourist football fans maybe. Really dont think it would detract from our support as surely after the last few years of torrid shite in this league and we still get 20k+ gates shows we have a loyal fanbase unlikely to have their heads and wallets turned by a shiny new soulless lego kit.

• Options
    hmmm... the further into the doc you go, the more it looks like a stadium....

The DLR thing seems to be a proposed extension linking Canning Town with Eltham/Falconwood, so could well have a Charlton station?
  • Options
    Massive if it's Hillsborough.

• Options
    Massive if it's Hillsborough.

50,000?.

• Options

The DLR thing seems to be a proposed extension linking Canning Town with Eltham/Falconwood, so could well have a Charlton station?
    I do NOT want any transport links that encourages those scum from east london coming to the lovely Eltham.

• Options
    MK Dons maybe? AFC Wimbledon?

Maybe they'd merge...

AFCMKWimbleDons?
  • Options
    How big would the stadium be?.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

I do NOT want any transport links that encourages those scum from east london coming to the lovely Eltham.

What about not wanting those ruffians from Bermondsey either?!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    How big would the stadium be?.
    Forget what I previously said, memory was playing tricks.

Arena is the same size as the O2 with accompanying photos of baseball stadiums & a sketch of a stadium concourse from the outside, reminds me of the Allianz in shape.

Does the other masterplan, Charlton Riverside not show your stadium still there?