Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolves have promoted assistant boss Terry Connor to manager until the end of the season.

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17153404

Interesting to see how this pans out is he ready?

Comments

• Options
    They had to go that way as they were not willing to give it to anybody long term - so a new manager (Curbs for instance) would have missed the transfer window and if he failed to keep another manager's team up would have a damaged CV and the sack.
  • Options
    Playing us next season
  • Options
    Turning to an assitant Manager Mid season worked out great for us (Reed) & (Parky)..
  • Options
    takes more pressure off SCP re the black manager question

i hope TOC does well
  • Options
    A bit reminiscent of Blackburn sacking Allardyce, talking about a big name replacement, then appointing Kean...
    Or West Ham sacking Redknapp, being turned down by Curbs and McLaren and appointing Glenn Roeder!
  • Options
    Down they go.
  • Options

i hope TOC does well
    the 'black manager' number has doubled this week .. Keith Curle has taken over at Notts Co.
  • Options
    Didn't Wolves bang on and on about how they would replace McCarthy with someone with a good premiership pedigree before their next PL game? And is there anyone out there they haven't tried to get? I think we will be playing them next year.
  • Options
    Didn't Wolves bang on and on about how they would replace McCarthy with someone with a good premiership pedigree before their next PL game? And is there anyone out there they haven't tried to get? I think we will be playing them next year.
    be a decent away fixture for you BK, just along the motorway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently even the man from Delmonte said no to the Wolves job
  • Options

i hope TOC does well
    the 'black manager' number has doubled this week .. Keith Curle has taken over at Notts Co.
    Dosen't Chris Houghton at Birmingham City count then?
  • Options
    He means with Curle and O'Conner! Making it 4
  • Options
    2+2
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    He means with Curle and O'Conner! Making it 4
    exactly

i hope TOC does well
    Dosen't Chris Houghton at Birmingham City count then?

He DOES count, unlike you it seems
  • Options
    He must be well fed-up he wasn't named 48 hours earlier, as he'd have surely got himself a nice little day out at 10 Downing Street...

Wonderful to see Jez Moxey (who is clearly almost as stupid as his name) insisting that Connor is ''not a novice'' in any shape or form. It's just that he's never managed anyone before!!!!
  • Options
    Let's just call him terry 'les' conner! This is different from big sam getting the boot at blackburn - rumour is that kean got in with the owners and helped alladyce get the boot. The wolves situation is that the owner is on a power trip, made an emotional decision without considering if anyone with experience would want the job and now he's stuck with the previous managers assistant. Might as well of kept mccarthy.