Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Man City 2006/7/8?

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
Can someone help me out as getting a lot of stick here. When did we beat Man City at home in the Premiership? I think it was around 2007 & it was 3 2 but all I can find is 1 0

Comments

• Options
    We beat them 1-0 in the relegation season 2006-7, might have been a Benty header. I think the year before they smashed us 5-2 in a Sky game. There was another game where they were well on top and that noted goalscorer Chris Perry got one in the 90th minute to give us a 2-2.

None of which were as good as the opening day of 2000-2001, 4-0 to us (8-1 on aggregate for the season).
  • Options
    The 1-0 was my 18th birthday! It was a good present. Thanks Darren Bent!
  • Options
    Ta. I was seen on MotD celebrating at the final whistle, embarrassingly - mayb why I recall the result being more exciting than 1 0!
  • Options
    The 4-0 home win in 2000/2001 is the first game I actually remember going to, was only 5 but remember it well.
  • Options
    At the 4-0 game we were sitting next to City fans in the Jimmy Seed stand. This was their first game in the Prem after back to back promotions (I think) and they were singing "We can't believe we're here...".

It's a funny old game innit.
  • Options
    Nicky Weaver in goal for City that day I remember.......didn't he go to save one with his foot and completely miss his kick?!
  • Options
    I listened to the 1- 0 relegation game early morning in Death Valley, California. Was travelling on holiday and managed to find a hotel wifi signal miles and miles from anywhere to log on to. Family were not happy with me waking them up jumping around our RV and shouting 'get in' when we scored.
  • Options
    Nicky Weaver in goal for City that day I remember.......didn't he go to save one with his foot and completely miss his kick?!
    Something like that - think he hoofed one clear and John Robinson banged it back past him into the net. There was a bit of spice about the fixture as there was a lot of ill feeling from the previous season, rumour had it that Kinsella waited in the tunnel to ask Weaver the score. TBH most of the aggro subsided once Joe Royle got the push, also they went down again.
  • Options
    The 4-0 game was strange for me as my nephew was playing for City and I watched the game with his dad a Charlton fan and it was really weird being happy and disappointed at the same time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The aggro stemmed from a 0-1 home defeat in promotion year if I recall correctly. Weaver's first-half time wasting antics kicking it off. It was a rare defeat for us, so we struggled to take it, especially after the amount of chances we had (the more annoyed we got with Weaver, the more saves he made).

Kinsella hit an awesome goal in the 4-0 the following season.
  • Options
    I remember the 4-0 well - I had a season ticket that year, but couldn't go to that game, as I was only a family holiday in Greece (only 12/13 years old). My dad and I had to walk for an hour to get into town, and we found somewhere with a TV showing that gillette soccer saturday thing on sky sports - I couldn't believe my eyes when the final score game up.
    Then, we noticed that there was a cafe that said it would be showing the full 90 minutes of the match later that evening - so we sat down to watch it, and who should come in to watch it but a family of man city supporters. They asked me if I knew the score, but they didn't believe me when I told them. I think they finally believed me when they angrily left at 3-0 (SUCH a good goal from Kinsella).
  • Options
    I think Fiona is on something..................no 3-2 home win for decades - there was a 3-2 home defeat a year or so before so perhaps this is what she is recalling, and being a girl she got the score the wrong way round !!