Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann

Comments

• Options
    We will have to see Bing, I would like to see how well he does in training against morrow and Taylor who are easily the 2 best centre halves in this league

I don't Think yann will look as good against better defenders and its easy to shine if you have real quality in this league and he does shine

Solly to me is real quality but I wouldn't say premier class yet as I want to see how well he does against better wingers before I made such a bold statement
    100% agree
  • Options
    Nothing but admiration for the bloke - as has been said, can't understand why he hasn't hit the big time. Puts his head in where it hurts from first minute to the last, never stops working, is doing his upmost to help BWP rediscover the magic, can strike a free kick, has amazing ability in the air, a good touch and is now showing more and more, what he can do with the ball at his feet. What a player - just wish he had an easier name to put a song to.
  • Options
    Nothing but admiration for the bloke - as has been said, can't understand why he hasn't hit the big time. Puts his head in where it hurts from first minute to the last, never stops working, is doing his upmost to help BWP rediscover the magic, can strike a free kick, has amazing ability in the air, a good touch and is now showing more and more, what he can do with the ball at his feet. What a player - just wish he had an easier name to put a song to.
    His career did stop for four years with leukemia? I wonder if he hadn't of had it he would of made it to the big leagues
  • Options
    Which other current CAFC player gets such discussion on CL? What do the opposition think about him (particularly after the match?) There is something almost mysterious about Yann. We know he missed a penalty for Leicester but what else did we know before he exploded as the leader of our attack? Many have been honest about their scepticism when he was signed and their acceptance that they got it woefully wrong. I continue to be amazed at the height of his leap (Bartlett was good but Yann is better), his link-up play, dead-ball strikes and, most of all for me, his fantastic tackling. He is the perfect leader of the line and his performances energizes the team. How could anyone's head drop when they see what he does? This year we have so many players who would, in a 'normal' year would be POTY. Last year Semedo had no challengers (and therefore deserved it) but frankly he wouldn't even get into our side this season. I have changed my mind between several players and will almost feel as if I should apologise to those who I finally don't give my vote as POTY as they have ALL been magnificent but at this moment the one player who gives me goosebumps when his name is announced is the Breton.

• Options
    My dad, who is hopeless with names, actually call him Yann Cormorant yesterday. Ironic considering he floats in the air so well
    lol!!
  • Options
    POTY behind Solly, Morrison, Hollands for me.
  • Options
    yann the man hes fucking battering ram kermorgant kermorgant
  • Options
    Love him that bit more!!!!
  • Options
    Get off him he's mine.
  • Options
    Yann is defo the man!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We all dream of a team of Kermorgants.
  • Options
    Get off him he's mine.
    Foursome?
  • Options
    i will fight you all for big yann.
  • Options
    You could make a fivesome?
  • Options
    I think all 27,111 people in The Valley would want him.
  • Options
    Im up for it
  • Options
    he'll be in a right state after all that.

best to wait till end of season.
  • Options
    Ha ha
  • Options
    Can I love him more? Yes I Yann.
  • Options
    Beast of a player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great performance from the man tonight. Come to expect nothing less..................
  • Options
    He was great for the second, sublime for the third.
  • Options
    Immense player but don't like the song choice for him! Too many der der der der before people give up and don't sing his name.

To set up the 2nd goal was best leap and perfectly weighted header I've seen all season.
  • Options
    Back to his beast, oops, best, tonight.
  • Options
    Outstanding second half; he was everywhere. We should keep his incredible heading ability as an option but play through him on the deck too - he's got the skill for both.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It seems the 2nd half tonight was all about him playing a little deeper, in the hole.

That means he can be picked out for balls to feet, and has a little more space and time in which to operate.

And the bonus is, it will often draw a CB out of position to challenge him - and then the opposition back line gets pulled apart.

That still gives Yann time to make a late run into the box, often without a marker.
  • Options
    It seems the 2nd half tonight was all about him playing a little deeper, in the hole.

That means he can be picked out for balls to feet, and has a little more space and time in which to operate.

And the bonus is, it will often draw a CB out of position to challenge him - and then the opposition back line gets pulled apart.

That still gives Yann time to make a late run into the box, often without a marker.
    sneaky.
  • Options
    Yann has got the touch and vision to be excellent in that role. Defences were starting to work out how to deal with him. Now we have a different option that will keep opponents guessing and will have problems formulating tactics against us.
  • Options
    Every time I see him I shake my head in amazement (and thank my lucky stars) that he's been bouncing around in the French second division for so long. Surely it can't just have been Powell who saw he was a good player at Leicester? Awesome target man, good at holding the ball up, runs his bollocks off, brave enough to stick his head in where it hurts - and can play football too. Proper, proper centre forward.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ScTbvp9qOU

I'm still waiting for him to pull something like this out of the bag.