Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Solly running around in circles!!!

2»

Comments

• We should get a 'Solly for England' chant started
    Nah, the 5' 3" song is much better. Also more appropriate for the younger element. However my 10 year old daughter loves the 'quality' song i'm afraid. As said Solly is immense and is arguably the best/most improved player in the squad. I never worry when he's closing in on a striker or under pressure.
    hes like one of those little jack russell's you see over the park chasing a ball about... id hate to play against him, just doesnt give up on anything, love that!
    Totally agree on that point. He never gives up and if he does lose possession, he so often wins it back.
  • Just love to see him spank one in at the valley. If one player in our squad deserves a goal this season it's this little fella.
  • I think Jenkinson would have done a great job for us this season at RB, but no better than Solly, and it would have been a waste to have 2 good young RBs, when by selling Jenkinson we got £1m to really strengthen the team elsewhere.

It also sent a good message out about our acedemy,
    Wasn't saying we should have kept him, of course the money was more important to rebuild the squad.

I just wouldn't judge Jenkinson based on performances in last seasons struggling team, he'd obviously improve with games and look better in this team.
  • Wonder if I could adopt Chris Solly ?
  • This is Solly's first full season i think? he's not doing bad is he! i know he has no goals or assists to his name yet , but his contribution has been immense, i'm sure the goals and assists will come with time , i think thats why its unfair to compare his stats to Rhoys , as Rhoys is older and has had a few seasons already.
  • This is Solly's first full season i think? he's not doing bad is he! i know he has no goals or assists to his name yet , but his contribution has been immense, i'm sure the goals and assists will come with time , i think thats why its unfair to compare his stats to Rhoys , as Rhoys is older and has had a few seasons already.
    They're very different players. I don't think it'll ever be worth comparing them as Wiggins is more of a dynamic threat going forward but he does get caught out of position sometimes and he lets his winger get in more crosses than Solly does. It provides a perfect balance to our defence. Having Wiggy going forward and Solly sitting, and Green bombing forward and Jackson sitting more means that we're rarely caught out on the break