Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lille V MAN U - DRAMAS

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Crowd trouble and now

Lille players threatening to walk off because ref allowed the free kick goal

Ferguson went ballistic at Gary Neville for getting involved.

Now Neville getting bombarded with missiles.

Amazing stuff

Comments

• Options
    just tuned in..... sounds very heavy.....
  • Options
    can't wait for the after match interviews. Fergie was going bananas
  • Options
    just saw the coach trying to get the players to come off the pitch......

not looking good for lille.......

Fergie was furious.....
  • Options
    Typical French!

Did you see the fella in white grab the ball and start waving them off a la "it eez my boll and Il est taking it chez moi" Absolutely pathetic!

I've got no feelings for Man U either way - but Lille should get kicked out of the comp for what happened there tonight.
  • Options
    cheese eating surrender monkeys!!!
  • Options
    All seater stadiums are really really safe ain't they
  • Options
    you've lost me!
  • Options
    the crush in the United end which caused the problems, thought these things didn't happen in All seaters, cause there super safe
  • Options
    guess they need to look at the taylor report.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I don't understand how a crush could happen? Surley you would just stand in the aisle instead of pushing people off their seats?

I think it's more to do with the surrenderphilic frog munching nonces than the ground. They put the united fans who were in the home ends in the away end then fired tear gas at them when they tried to explain there was no room.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]I don't understand how a crush could happen? Surley you would just stand in the aisle instead of pushing people off their seats?

I think it's more to do with the surrenderphilic frog munchers than the ground. They put the united fans who were in the home ends in the away end then fired tear gas at them when they tried to explain there was no room.

They still haven't forgiven us for Waterloo, Dunkirk and 2012 Olympics......:-)
  • Options
    and platini wants to limit the number of english clubs and bring in more third world stadiums like the french ?...beggars belief...
  • Options
    i wouldn't have United fans down as complete innocents in all this.

After trouble outside clashing with police, its sounds like a load without tickets and with tickets in other areas managed to get in.

Police reaction was completely OTT though.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    we know from experience that moan united fans dont know how to behave and think they're above the law but games played behind fences should be outlawed, french police putting more fans into a full area should be made a criminal act and as for firing tear gas into a packed crowd, if its true the policemen that did it should be thrown in prison...
  • Options
    Its OK having all seater stadiums if people use the seats, but ManUre fans are notorious for standing all the time anyway - look at the trouble they always give at The Valley. Plus it looks like there were more fans than seats...

Agree with AFKA sentiments. Tear gas was well over the top - Le Police seemed to use it before they had actually assessed the situation. Very worrying...
  • Options
    I think you'll find in Europe Man U attract a lot of lads on a jolly that are not regular OT supporters. Trouble does seem to follow them around on the road, and there is only so many times you can plead innocence.
  • Options
    I now the French are known for Striking, but the coaches & trainers effectively telling their players to do the same on a pitch during a Champions League game beggards believe. No fan of ManU me ,but Lille should be fined their entire Champions league Fee, it's the only thing they'll understand that behaviour like that cannot be tolerated at ANY level of football.
  • Options
    Agreed their behaviour was well out of order and they should be heavily sanctioned. Remember also that Lille can't play home games at their own stadium because it is not up to standard - perhaps they shouldn't be allowed to enter until it is - clubs coming up from the conference have been refused entry to the lower leagues due to unfit grounds after all :-)

Will Platini attempt to change the rules re free kicks to avoid this - no free kicks to be taken before the whistle...irony is that if Lille players had stood less than 10 yds away to block it, they would have been booked.
  • Options
    I think the Lille players/management were a bit childish to attempt to walk off. However, I think that whilst the quick free kick is within the rules it should be stopped. It winds players and fans up when they are on the receiving end.

This may be old fashioned, but it is not exactly sporting behaviour and I don't like it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I fully expect to see stories of the french burning our sheep (again) today.