Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

liverpool banner

2»

Comments

• Options
    I don't like the scousers as much as the next man but I think some people should read the Taylor report before commenting on Hillsborough and look what happened at the previous European Cup final when commenting on Heysal.
  • Options
    What did happen at the previous European cup final when Liverpool beat Roma on penalties in Rome and what relevance does it have to Heysel?

A genuine question not an inflammatory one.
  • Options
    gotta love Cardiff, 2-2
  • Options
    "One of the best games you'll ever see" according to Hansen.

Oh really?
  • Options
    Gotta love a shoot out!
  • Options
    Possibly the worst penalty shoot you'll ever see.
  • Options
    Useless
  • Options
    MOTM Carrol absolutely useless great buy King Kenny
  • Options
    Jonjo in his suit on the pitch
  • Options
    gutted they won that, shocking penaltys
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well it certainly wasn't their fault that they won. Gutted Cardiff screwed that up.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hansen Lost the plot -one of the best games - since the last liverpool game --they are a poor Pool side
  • Options
    Regardless of whether Scousers are scumbags or not there are certainly a lot of questions that need answering regarding the Hillsborough tragedy.
    Agreed. Sadly alot of people who were "Guilty/Responsable/Involved" in several things years ago (remember the "GoldenLion Axe murder over 20 years ago) will get away with things when they should have been in front of a Judge. (Mr Anthony Blair ?).
  • Options
    What did happen at the previous European cup final when Liverpool beat Roma on penalties in Rome and what relevance does it have to Heysel?

A genuine question not an inflammatory one.

A couple of scousers were stabbed before the final in Rome the year before Heysel, inflaming somewhat the situation a year later. It happened and it didn't help, however my point was that the scousers are ALWAYS too quick to be the victim, when in reality they have been the cause.
  • Options
    se9addick 5:53PM Quote

Hartleypete said:

I am afraid shootershillguru you can discuss it all you like but it will not bring them back.

Football has been radically changed by the Taylor (I think) report & we now have all seater stadiums, just to name one of the changes.

Sadly everyone must move on.

In some ways, I agree. But if it happened to Charlton, and you or people you know had lost loved ones and then been subject to years of searching for the truth would you be as quick to say "everyone must move on" ?

Sadly 'the truth' depends on the perspective of the individual involved. If they don't like the evidence then there is a likelihood that it will be rejected as part of a conspiracy. Many have a desire to look for 'someone responsible' when there may be (and usually are) many different elements which lead up to a tragedy, as Hillsboro undoubtedly was.
  • Options

Could not agree more with Off its original post.

They are always the victims. Hillsborough, Heysel and Saurez to name just 3
    totally stupid post who were the victims at Hillsborough then? Stupid scousers getting themselves killed and causing inconvenience !!!
    The attitude of most people on here as bad as racists.

• Options
    Sadly 'the truth' depends on the perspective of the individual involved. If they don't like the evidence then there is a likelihood that it will be rejected as part of a conspiracy. Many have a desire to look for 'someone responsible' when there may be (and usually are) many different elements which lead up to a tragedy, as Hillsboro undoubtedly was.

So why is there such an unwillingness of the authorities to allow full disclosure of information.

• Options

Redman. The victims were those that lost their lives at the 2 truly awful tragedies. My point may have come across as stupid to you, that sometimes can happen when read in a different way to that that it is typed.

I have not read The Taylor report and I'm not sure that too many people on this forum have so I can't comment on its findings however in all the years since the tragedies I have not once heard anyone say that the supporters of Liverpool played any part in the catalogue of events that ensued.

And I'm sure you don't care but I do take offence to your last sentence suggesting that some on here are as bad as racists, particularly if that is aimed at me.
  • Options

Could not agree more with Off its original post.

They are always the victims. Hillsborough, Heysel and Saurez to name just 3
    totally stupid post who were the victims at Hillsborough then? Stupid scousers getting themselves killed and causing inconvenience !!! The attitude of most people on here as bad as racists.

agreed