Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 7 mini-league

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
Whilst not in Lancashire's class when it comes to stats, thought this was quite interesting - ie games played between the top teams.

Teams P W D L F A Pts Pts per game
Charlton 10 7 2 1 16 4 23 2.30
Stevenage 9 5 0 4 14 10 15 1.67
Huddersfield 8 2 4 2 12 11 10 1.25
MK Dons 10 2 4 4 13 16 10 1.00
Sheff Wed 10 2 4 4 15 19 10 1.00
Carlisle 7 3 1 3 9 13 10 1.43
Sheff Utd 10 3 1 6 9 15 10 1.00

Remaining fixtures
28 Feb Stevenage v Huddersfield
24 Mar Huddersfield v Charlton
27 Mar MK Dons v Carlisle
31 Mar Carlisle v Huddersfield
07 Apr Huddersfield v Sheff Wed
14 Apr Carlisle v Charlton
21 Apr MK Dons v Sheff Utd
Sheff Wed v Carlisle
28 Apr Sheff Utd v Stevenage
TBA Stevenage v Carlisle

Sorry if it comes out a jumble but the attempted attachment didn't seem to work.

Comments

• Options
    Cheers Bristol; interesting stuff. Time and again we've delivered in the big games. Until recently I think the only points gap between ourselves and Sheff Utd. was our double, over which they would surely be kicking themselves - until we pulled further ahead!
  • Options
    Good reading for Stevenage in that Carlisle still have only played 7 games against the top sides.
  • Options
    Still got to play Huddersfield and Carlisle away but would be happy with 2-4 points from those fixtures.
  • Options
    Good reading for Stevenage in that Carlisle still have only played 7 games against the top sides.
    I agree - it's interesting - Carlisle still have 5 tough games and Huddersfield still have 4. Sheff U would be up with us if they had taken points off the top sides.
  • Options
    Why are Carlisle so low when they have the same points as the 3 teams above and better points per game, or if its on goal difference should be above Wednesday at least
  • Options
    Hi Croydon, did it on goal difference. Carlisle have the same as Sheff Wed, ie -4, but Sheff Wed have scored 15 against their 9. I think that's how the official tables are done.
  • Options
    Also augurs well for next season that we do well against the better sides
  • Options
    Good stuff, Bristol - very interesting.

Shocked to see Sheff Utd at the bottom; it just goes to show that they are very efficient at putting away the 'lesser' sides, but struggle against their rivals....

We seem to have won a lot of games that really matter!
  • Options
    Cheers Bristol, I thought you'd nabbed this from somewhere else - well done, very interesting table and would be good to see at later stages in the season