Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next year's prices

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
Anyone got any ideas how much ticket prices are likely to go up next year, assuming we get promoted?
I go to about 8-10 home games a year with my daughter and was wondering whether it might be worth us getting season tickets at this year's prices as it would cost about the same.
(Apologies in advance to those of you who are offended by this type of part-time support, but that's just the way it's got to be these days.)

Comments

• Options
    Uboat no idea , but if you can afford it at the moment , go for it!
  • Options
    If you live local you could maybe get a ST and "hire it out" for the games you can't make it to?
  • Options
    Ha!
    This was in my dream last night. I dreamt a friend texted me to say a seat in the East had gone up to £56!
  • Options
    I think most adult tickets will go up by £80-£100 to be honest.
  • Options
    If you are only going to get to 10 games cant see it makes sense financially. probably need to get to 15 games for a break-even. Shame as I would love to have concluded a yes.
    there are of course other advantages like same seat 9which you choose), convenience, priority for certain away games if you ever want to go
  • Options
    Il be holding out for maybe another half season ticket. Had great joy last week telling my Luton supporting stepdad, that even after promotion our tickets are still going to be cheaper than Lutons :)
  • Options
    If you are only going to get to 10 games cant see it makes sense financially. probably need to get to 15 games for a break-even. Shame as I would love to have concluded a yes.
    there are of course other advantages like same seat 9which you choose), convenience, priority for certain away games if you ever want to go
    That's why I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the pricing. If an adult ticket in the west stand goes up to £35 then suddenly a season ticket at £350 looks like a decent option.
  • Options
    That's why I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the pricing. If an adult ticket in the west stand goes up to £35 then suddenly a season ticket at £350 looks like a decent option.
    That's pretty much the option I took. Jnr and me normally only get to 10 or so games and buy on a game2game basis. But with him about to get out of the U11 band and starting to go to evening games (in school holidays), I went for a couple of 1/2 STs. I will be renewing as full S/Ts in the next couple of weeks on the assumption that the single ticket price rise will take the break even point closer to 15 games..

• Options
    Have no inside information but going from £25 to £35 would make no business sense at all. Cant see the board would be that stupid

• Options
    Have no inside information but going from £25 to £35 would make no business sense at all. Cant see the board would be that stupid

Agree, but the wording on Saturday was something along the lines of 'significant increases next season' and talk of 'Championship prices'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Prices will go up but I would have thought the game to season ticket ratio would remain the same. Therefore if its not worth it this season it probably wont be next either.
  • Options
    Does anyone kbow what the average price for a ticket in the championship is ?
  • Options
    More bigger games next season so the offer at last year's prices is a really good deal for a higher Division.
  • Options
    Does anyone kbow what the average price for a ticket in the championship is ?
    £27 to £32
  • Options
    Back to the OP. For this year ST prices and break even would be
    Premium (£25) - ST £375 - 15 games
    Wings (£22) - ST £350 - 16 games
    Cheap (£18) - ST £240 - 14 games

If we go up, I think the 'best case' increase would be to £30/£25/£20 which would give figures of 13/14/12 games which is why I'm going for the early ST as it's close enough to my usual 10-12 games

(and anyway I think it could even be £32/£27/£22 and leave concessions alone, which would be an even better bargin)
  • Options
    Prices will go up but I would have thought the game to season ticket ratio would remain the same. Therefore if its not worth it this season it probably wont be next either.
    But if season ticket prices are frozen and match ticket prices go up the ratio won't remain the same.
    I think I'll take a punt on it and see what happens. It'll be a good excuse to go to more games.
    Now, where do I want to sit?